Command Lines not Working

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
AmazingBlizzard

Command Lines not Working

Post by AmazingBlizzard »

It seems that the command lines aren't working for the ./srcds_linux on Garry's Mod.
https://gyazo.com/d98b83d7f2c9a3df2932211b1bb6218f

However, the server starts successfully.
AmazingBlizzard

Re: Command Lines not Working

Just realized that I am supposed to use srcds_run, but the server doesn't even start while using that file.
AmazingBlizzard

Okay so apparently it starts but the server is not shown as running. When I hop into gmod I see it though. I don't believe the stop command works either.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You'll want to use srcds_linux with the panel. Srcds_run is a shell script, the panel works best if you point it at an executable

Try removing the debug command line option. You can verify the panel is passing command line arguments by running ps -aux | grep srcds

Also for troubleshooting purposes you can add -condebug and it'll create a console.log file that contains the console output.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
AmazingBlizzard

It said some things before of which I was able to clear up. However, I cannot find a fix for this.

By the way I followed this but modified it a tiny bit to fit my UGCC installation: https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Linux_D ... er_Hosting
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Ok, it won't run directly from console without some special environment arguments, but panel does this automatically.

If it works fine from console, we'll switch gears and try using a pid file.

See the Srcds/orangebox notes for version 1.40+ on this page to have the panel run the script and use a pidfile: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!