[Solved] Server Definition Error in Remote Mode

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
GecKoTDF

[Solved] Server Definition Error in Remote Mode

Post by GecKoTDF »

Hi,

I have two computers in the same LAN, with two panels licensed - Using MySQL in both cases - Windows the same version (7 x64).-

In the "Master Panel" (OldSvrs-1) I create the server definition with the IP, Port, and Pass of the second PC.
In the other computer (OldSvrs-2) with a working panel edit the file ugccmon.cfg in system32 folder, put Remote/Slave, put the same ID the "Master Panel" generate when I create the server definition - Restart all in the two pc's - Finally test the connection in the "Master Panel" in the Server Definition and say it's OK.-

But when I create in the "Master Panel" a Game Template and put in the server definition "OldSvrs-2" and try to launch/start the game say:
Server's definition ID is not the same as this remote's ID. Not starting...

Don't understand why say the Server Definition it's not the same as the remote ID if the test Say everything its OK
Last edited by GecKoTDF on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Server Definition Error in Remote Mode

Post by Masher »

Check the ugccmon.log on the remote monitor. Make sure it's outputting the same ID in the log. Also make sure you're editing the config in windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg using only notepad or wordpad.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
GecKoTDF

Re: Server Definition Error in Remote Mode

Post by GecKoTDF »

Hi Masher,

Yes I see this error in the Log

Code: Select all

20/08/2018 12:03:29 p.m.	Remote Start Request Received for id: 21 FAIL: Server's definition ID is not the same as this remote's ID.  Not starting...
But that ID 21 its the ID of the Game im creating in the master panel for example "Counter-Strike 1.6 (ID:21)" when you go to the servers list - And that value can't be changed.

Oh Im reading this:

"Enter the details for your database. Use the same database the panel uses."
I need to use the SAME database? or the same protocol? - Im going to check that.

----

Finally! - Yes was like I read there - The monitor or the second PC must connect to the same database and server of the "Master Server" - Probably to catch the ID of the Game and make the correct ID Query.-

I believe the guide viewtopic.php?f=21&t=137# - Must have a little more help in that area, Its not so easy to understand, I help you a bit:

You need to setup the Master Server Panel with a MySQL (in Windows) get note of the Port of your SQL Server, the name of the database, user and password or if you want to have different users and pass to the monitors just create and take note of the new users/pass to the monitor and give it access to the database - Make sure your SQL user can connect from outside the MySQL Server if is in another PC (Different IP) with % in the access user/s permissions.
Make sure your two or more panels/monitors are licensed first

1) In the web panel, go to the Settings Page-->Server Definitions.

2) You should now be at the server definitions page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter a name for the new definition and click add.
Fill in the information for your server. Be sure to enter the IP address, port (default is tcp/3432), and password correctly (Al this is defined in step 5).
TIP: For the address setting in the panel, use an IP address if possible. If your server has any DNS issues, the panel will not be able to talk to the remote node or operations could talke a long time while resolving.

3) Click the Update button. When the page refreshes, select the new definition from the drop down list at the top of the page.
Keep a note of the ID number assigned to this definition. This number should be greater than 1, if it isn't, you did something wrong - Usually you will start with ID 2 or 3.

4) Install the monitor on the remote host if it hasn't been already. Installer for the monitor is available in the manual install package.

5) In the remote monitor PC edit the config file (Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg on Windows; ugccmon.cfg in same folder as binary on Linux) for the monitor, be sure [Remote] it's set true, the [Port] number it's the same you put in the master panel, and the [Secret] password it's the same.
Go to the bottom of the config and put the same [ID] number you take note from the Master Panel.

6) In the top of the config file enter the details for your database. for example [DBEngine] mysql and in [DBConfig] Use the same SQL Server the master panel uses, put the user and pass you create for the database, the name of the database, server SQL IP and port.
For example: the name of the database by default its UGCC and usually MySQL use port 3306 if you don't change it before.

Save this file and restart the monitor service in Windows go to Execute type "services.msc" and restart UGCCMon service.

NOTE: You can then test the configuration by using the test button in the server definition page of the master panel for that node.

(continue of the guide)

------

I Believe manual setup this is not working because the .bat in the monitor folder go to "setup.exe" and that file it's not in the folder:

echo Starting installer
setup.exe
echo Starting ugccmon service
Masher
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] Server Definition Error in Remote Mode

Post by Masher »

Glad you got it working. I will update the documentation with the points you mentioned. In the future the ID the ugccmon.cfg wants is the ID listed on the server definition page for that server, not an ID of a game server.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!