Bunch of Questions

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
w0000t

Bunch of Questions

Post by w0000t »

Hello!

So, to get right down to it, I've been looking for a game panel for a little while now.
I currently only have one physical dedicated server that currently runs two garrysmod servers (this will be expanded, more than likely with new IP addresses and whatnot) and I'm currently being hosted by NFOServers, on a windows 2012 server.

I'm a little confused, so I figured I'd ask these questions.

1. Do I need to request a change from apache web service?
2. Will I be able to setup users and delegate them specific roles and access on the panel?
3. Would I set this up on my dedicated box?
4. Would I have to buy multiple licenses for a single dedicated box? Or would I have to purchase several others?
5. If my webhosting isn't on the same machine as my dedicated box, what would I need to do?

I have a few other questions, but I'm not sure how to word them right now.

Any help is appreciated.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Bunch of Questions

Post by Masher »

Hi w0000t,

1.) Yeah, some hosting providers will not work with the panel, the permissions they apply are too restrictive. People typcially run it all off their dedicated box.
2.) Yes, there's a full group permissions implementation.
3.) Yes, typically that's how it's done. The web panel and monitor are installed on the dedicated.
4.) No, just one license if you host everything off your dedicated.
5.) Buy an extra license and setup the dedicated as a remote monitor (aka remote mode).

Since you plan on expanding, I'd be sure to setup it up with mysql. Host the web portion and monitor on the dedicated. Then later down the road when you get more physical servers purchase another license, and setup the new server with a remote monitor. This ties it into the panel and all your servers can be managed from the one panel.

Try out EzUGCC, it's a easy way to try out the panel. http://www.brainless.us/downloads/11/EzUGCC
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
w0000t

Post by w0000t »

Thanks for the quick reply!

I set it up the way you said, however I have another question.
Is there a way I can still see the srcds output when running the game panel?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yes. One of the below should work.

1.) Use the local broker. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1043
2.) Add -condebug to command line of a server. Logs to console.txt file in root of gamemod folder.
3.) The capture console output admin tool will also let you see the output, but is more for debugging and not normal use.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
w0000t

Post by w0000t »

Have some more questions well I'm still raising funds to grab a couple licenses.

Is the local broker for the UGCC full version only?
Is there a way to make the page for the panel look nicer (at least from the ezugcc one, from what I saw)
Would you be able to explain remote mode to me?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The broker works with free version too; if I remember correctly.

You can customize the css, header and footer. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=132

Remote mode: One panel can manage many physical machines through remote mode monitors. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=124

Documentation: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!