Questions & Demo request :)

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
Pantho

Questions & Demo request :)

Post by Pantho »

I run a few servers, and would like to give some of my admins the ability to restart the servers. (1 box)

Problems:
I only want them to be able to restart servers
I would like them to be able to upload files, but only to 1 directory, same as reading. Can this be done?

Gmod problems:

I used the standard watchdog, slightly edited but same idea from SRDCS forums. While this has served be well in CS:S servers, in Gmod there are sometimes a few crashes that cause an error dialog box, (Yes i have noerror thing on, and error warnings turned off in windows), these are popup messages caused by Garry in Gmod, this means the watchdog will not restart the server for me, until i click "OK".

So, if a crash happens where a popup box appears, will clicking restart on the web panel avoid this problem? Will it still restart the server :)

Last point, can i have a demo license ;), If your not sure if it will solve the Gmod problem i can try it, that's really the only reason i would buy the panel. Thankyou
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Questions & Demo request :)

Post by Masher »

Yes it's possible to give users permissions to only start/stop a server. Once you get the panel setup and are not sure how to do it, post and I'll give you some hints.

I haven't officially tested gmod with it, but I know a few of my users are running gmod and haven't had any issues with the advanced monitoring. If enabled the panel actually sends game server queries (ie requests the map name, player count, etc) to the server if the server doesn't respond it restarts the server. This alone should fix the popup message box problem you are having.

I'll send you a PM and we'll get your demo licenses going.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Pantho

Re: Questions & Demo request :)

Post by Pantho »

Masher wrote:Yes it's possible to give users permissions to only start/stop a server. Once you get the panel setup and are not sure how to do it, post and I'll give you some hints.

I haven't officially tested gmod with it, but I know a few of my users are running gmod and haven't had any issues with the advanced monitoring. If enabled the panel actually sends game server queries (ie requests the map name, player count, etc) to the server if the server doesn't respond it restarts the server. This alone should fix the popup message box problem you are having.

I'll send you a PM and we'll get your demo licenses going.
In that case perfect :).

Im actually stuck without internet for 4 weeks so using my phones 3G modem, ever so slow when working on the box but i'm sure i can test it within 7 days. I replied to your PM thankyou.