Demo request

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
Lucas

Demo request

Post by Lucas »

Hello,

I would like to demo the software but in the way that I can install the web application on my webserver provided by MediaTemple and the monitoring software on the gameserver machine. Does the webserver require something special that might not be available on a normal hosting account such as mediatemple grid service?

Thanks!
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Demo request

Post by Masher »

Lucas,

Thanks for your interest in UGCC. I'd be more than happy to provide you with two demo licenses to you for your situation. Unfortuneatly you may have trouble getting the panel to work with a hosting service, I have tried and I believe numerous others have before. I never started UGCC with the thought of it being able to work with hosting. As long as your host has .net 2.0 available, doesn't block the port you use between the panel and monitor for communications, can set the log path to a location you can write to, etc. it should work. In this setup you'll also have to use MySQL, if you use your hosting providers MySQL server, you may not be able to connect it to from the monitor machine. As you can see there's a few stumbling blocks you'll have to overcome to get it working in a hosted situation. Once you start tackling this and need any help please let me know.

I have been kicking around the idea of offering hosting for MySQL and panel for customers, if this is something you may be interested in let me know.

Thanks,
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

The thing is I would rather not have to host the panel in the server that hosts the gameservers. Having a small hosting service to do that would be kinda nice. Otherwise, I might just give it a try hosting it within the same server and hope apache and all that don't eat much resources.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I understand your concern. Instead of using apache, i'd use xsp2 which is a part of the mono packaged you'd have to install anyway--it's a light weight web server and works perfectly with the panel and is easy to setup.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Forgot to mention, if you want to try out the hosting package I can give you a few months free as you'd be a guinea pig.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!