Hello there, got a few questions

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
dvs

Hello there, got a few questions

Post by dvs »

Hi, im dvs from www.abysmalservers.com (start up company) I ran a few gsp in the past that used varying panels here and there but I was looking over this one and I must say it looks excellent and I definitely would love to use it for my clients.

However I have several questions, first and foremost, Can I install the panel on a shared hosting site (server running linux) and simply install the files to remote to the windows boxes? I was looking over the documentation about this but I didn't see an answer that really fit my scenario.

What versions of windows does the panel support?

How much resources does the panel use give or take? CPU and Memory wise.

Thank you for the answers when I see them, ill be sure to check back to respond :)
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Hello there, got a few questions

Post by Masher »

Hi dvs.

You may have trouble with shared hosting, especially linux based ones. If your provider supports mono you may be able to get it working. I've gotten it to work with a few windows based hosting accounts. If you are wanting to use the panel on linux, I do recommend having solid knowledge of linux with this panel.

Panel and monitor work with Windows 2000 and newer. Memory and CPU resource usage is very dependent on which features are enabled, what web server you use, database, etc. It's total footprint is negligible.

You could download and install EzUGCC on one of your Windows boxes to quickly evaluate it and it's footprint. Then you could go from there. If you need a demo license or two please let me know.

Thanks,
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
dvs

Post by dvs »

Do you offer hosting plans for the panel, say I could pay you a certain amount each month to host my main panel on a subdomain and I could simply add remote servers later? or could I host the panel from the same box I was running games from?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I currently don't offer hosting for the panel; but if you'd be interested I can probably whip something up. You can host the panel from any box including the same box as the game servers. I've done this and alot of my customers do this with no ill effects on the game servers.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
dvs

Post by dvs »

If you could whip something up that would be awesome :)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Evaluate UGCC first, if you want to use a hosted environment after evaluating I'd be more than happy to do so after that.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
dvs

Post by dvs »

Ive looked over the demo and do wish to use it, I haven't a way to evaluate it beyond that just yet, I haven't opened my doors for orders yet because I haven't yet ordered a new dedicated server so beyond the demo I have no way to evaluate it really, but this is definitely the panel I wish to use.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'll need an upfront payment then as I'll have to procure and setup a new server to accomodate this. You can always evaluate on a computer you have at home too with EzUGCC.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
dvs

Post by dvs »

How much are you asking for?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'm thinking $80. Web and MySQL hosting for one year, and will include two licenses for that price. I'd probably need a few days of lead time to setup.

Let me know.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
dvs

Post by dvs »

Two licenses? How long does each one last?

Also I reviewed the panel on my pc and looked over resource usage and it really wasn't too much as far as i could tell, I am not sure yet weather i will need you to so don't go out and order a server or anything just yet.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!