Few Questions

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
Tornado

Few Questions

Post by Tornado »

We are thinking of purchasing a license soon, we have been using the demo license for a little while now and I have to say this panel is wonderful, works as it should and for the price its great. But we have a few questions before we buy it.

One thing that annoys me a bit is the monitor does not allow to set a wait time before it starts to check the server, so when certain servers takes a bit longer to start up we have to increase the time it checks which makes the restart time on all the servers even longer (Example, if the time it takes to start 1 server is about 1-2 minutes we have to set the monitor to check every 2 minutes, which in turn makes it take 2 minutes longer to start up the rest of the servers should they crash.) If we don't increase the time the one server that takes the longest will never start, it will be in a restart loop. There was an old program we used to use called Server Checker that allowed a "wait" time to be set before the monitor started to check it. I am not sure if you will be able to add something like that into this panel, if you could it would be very helpful, if not its fine we will just have to deal with longer restart times. (The longer restart time is usually when the SRCDS process hangs, but its still nice to have a quick restart regardless)

Another question, this might be my server, but I noticed when the monitor restarts a game server, it sometimes freeze the whole server for about 10 seconds. (Everything just freeze including the other game servers), not sure if its just my server or if the panel is causing it.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Few Questions

Post by Masher »

I'm glad you've been happy overall with the panel. :)

I'm confused about the issue you're having here. The panel should be able to tell the server is immediately started when started. If a server takes 1-2 minutes before it's fully up should be irrelevant unless you have advanced monitoring turned on. If advanced monitoring is on and it's causing the panel to restart the server because it's not responding to queries, you can increase the number of failed queries attempts before the panel restarts a server.

For example if the failed query count is 10 and you have a 30 second check interval, that'll give you 5 minutes. If you have a 30 second check interval and a 3 failed query count setting, that's only 1.5 minutes--which could be problematic for you. May be look into increasing the failed query count setting.

As for the server freezes, do you have one or any of your servers running at a higher priority? That can causes issue you describe.

Please get back to me.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Masher wrote:I'm glad you've been happy overall with the panel. :)

I'm confused about the issue you're having here. The panel should be able to tell the server is immediately started when started. If a server takes 1-2 minutes before it's fully up should be irrelevant unless you have advanced monitoring turned on. If advanced monitoring is on and it's causing the panel to restart the server because it's not responding to queries, you can increase the number of failed queries attempts before the panel restarts a server.

For example if the failed query count is 10 and you have a 30 second check interval, that'll give you 5 minutes. If you have a 30 second check interval and a 3 failed query count setting, that's only 1.5 minutes--which could be problematic for you. May be look into increasing the failed query count setting.

As for the server freezes, do you have one or any of your servers running at a higher priority? That can causes issue you describe.

Please get back to me.
Sorry, kinda hard to explain ;P, basically one of our servers takes a while to start up, it will take about 2 minutes before it will accept queries, only problem is the adv monitoring starts to check it as it starts, so for that 2 minute start-up time it will look like the server has crashed, but its only starting up (and it will try to restart it again, hence the restart loop). Increasing the failed queries count works but it makes the startup time longer on the rest of the servers (when their SRCDS process hangs, when it crashes normally the start up time is quick). Basically be able to set a wait time before monitor starts checking for failed queries. That way the server can start fine, and the restart time on all the other servers can be quick.

As for the server freezing, I don't recall having any server having a higher priority level than normal, but ill go check.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I understand now. I'll look into implementing something.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I've added a feature to tell the panel how many minutes to wait when a server is started before it should start advanced monitoring. I'll be releasing the update tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks!
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!