Demo & Questions

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
kylebrown

Demo & Questions

Post by kylebrown »

I have a few questions:
1..i have been using the software on my own computer and i'm going to use it on my boxes, but they run Ubuntu (Linux) is there a detailed guide on how to install it?
2..When creating a new server will the software create the server files needed i.e. copy the the sds files into a new folder?

and can i have a demo licence

Thanks
Kyle
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Demo & Questions

Post by Masher »

Hey Kyle. To answer your questions:

1.) I do not have a detailed install guide for linux available. We recommend having a very strong linux background if you plan to install the panel on linux. There's a basic install guide in the manul install package that's tailored for linux. We use ubuntu to test the panel, so it does work. Install mono (apt-get install mono-complete) and xsp2 (believe it's apt-get install mono-xsp2). Should get mono installed, and then you can use xsp2 to run the web portion. If you get hung up anywhere we are here to help. There's also alot of linux info in the panel documentation area.

2.) No, the panel doesn't auto-install game servers for you at this time. Install the game server as you normally would, then configure the panel for the game server.

I'll send you a PM here stortly for the demo licenses.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
kylebrown

Post by kylebrown »

Are there plans to support auto installs?

edit: How do I go about running the servers. I.E srcds
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Here's an install guide for centos; it's a bit dated: http://www.brainless.us/ugcc/UGCC-Linux.rtf

Yes it's planned, when it'll happen...not sure. Need to get some other core technologies implemented in the panel first.

Again the documentation is your friend: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=147 viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
kylebrown

Post by kylebrown »

I can't get the panel working on a fresh install of Ubuntu server
i followed all the info i could find, but when i type xsp2, when i try opening the server on a remote computer i get "Server Error in '/' Application"

Edit: Never mind fixed that... :roll:
Now i have a new problem... I don't understand what you mean by
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Most game servers for Linux seem to use shell scripts to start the game server. This doesn't work too well as the process identifier returned to UGCC is usually that of the script and not the game server. Some scripts seem to work ok, so your mileage might vary. SRCDS is one that I'm aware of that doesn't work, if you add ".:bin" to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (in /etc/bashrc or /etc/profile ie. add export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:./bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH") you may then directly call the srcds_amd/i686/etc executable directly. If using mod_mono you can add 'MonoSetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:bin:/usr/local/lib"' to do the same in the httpd.conf or mod_mono.conf file.
where is this?
edit2: I'm using Ubuntu server if that helps
Last edited by kylebrown on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Change the setting in web.config that error message talks about, and you'll get useful error messages. Ie. set customerrors=off
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
kylebrown

Post by kylebrown »

edit above^
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

For ubuntu, I add the following line to /etc/profile right after the comments at the start of the file. Then stop xsp2, log out, log back in, and restart xsp2. Should work.

Code: Select all

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='.:./bin'
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
kylebrown

Post by kylebrown »

Thanks
kylebrown

Post by kylebrown »

I can't start any game servers from the panel, I click start but nothing happens.
I added that line to the file
Help?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Use the capture output tool found in the admin menu and post what is returned. If you'd like you can send me a pm with your SSH details and I can check it out.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
kylebrown

Post by kylebrown »

Failed to open dedicated.so (libsteam_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

That's the only thing it outputted
Looking at that I ran the server via ssh it worked fine
kylebrown

Post by kylebrown »

I'v Fixed it.
i made a script that dose this

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
xsp2 --port XXXX

I did add that to the file you told me but it must of not worked
Ah well. Now to test out this panel. Looks good so far!