A Few Questions About Features

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
Snowden42

A Few Questions About Features

Post by Snowden42 »

My community actually has an older, out-of-date copy of the panel. We never renewed our license and we're considering purchasing a new version, but we have a few questions about the features on the newer versions.

First of all, does this support automatic updates for Steam servers? There are a few plugins that already do this, but because we're on a Windows server, it gets a bit confusing, since everything has to be done with batch scripts. I know that it is possible to use a serverside plugin checks the server's version against the current release (we're talking about TF2 mainly here, we also have an L4D2 server), but these were unsatisfactory. Is there anyway this could be implemented with php set to run as a cron task (I've toyed with doing this myself). Additionally, because we use a number of batch scripts to operate various aspects of our servers, is there anyway a sort of "console" so to speak, could be implemented where anything echoed by the batch is passed to the web interface?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: A Few Questions About Features

Post by Masher »

Right now there is no automatic update for source/orangebox game servers. I have worked out a method, but just need to implement it. I plan on doing it in the update after next. Using an auto-updater is not recommend if you have monitoring and/or advanced monitoring enabled. When the script stops the server, the panel assumes it has crashed and would start it up. You'd could use the panel's API to stop the server through your PHP script though first, update, then use API to start it back up.

You could probably use the extra tools options to to run your batch scripts. It should echo text back when ran.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Snowden42

Post by Snowden42 »

Do you have any idea when you might commit the update? That would probably determine when and if we choose to renew our license.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

When it's done. Maybe a month or two.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!