America's Army 2 & 3

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
BlueIguana-LSG

America's Army 2 & 3

Post by BlueIguana-LSG »

Hello. This is my first post and I would like to first say that I appreciate you creating a game control panel that smaller clans like mine can use. We host our own servers and this will be an outstanding tool to let others restart a stopped server or other small functions that were as of yet impossible without forking out a lot of cash.

My problem, I finally got the panel installed and am able to log into it. My problem is that I cannot get the server recognized. Right now the server is started by a .bat file, which I read that you do not recommend. So I tried the .exe with no luck. If I start the server with the current .bat file and then click the query button in the panel it shows me the map and players so it is looking at the correct server but it will not start it and on the home screen of the panel it shows the server as Down. I am almost positive I am missing something in the command line portion but I have yet to be able to figure out what. When I try the .exe and click the Down button it shows Up and turns green but as soon as I refresh it shows Down again in red.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this. I am sure there are much smarter people out there than I that have already figured this out. I have absolutely zero experience with host, everything that I know has come from reading (a lot of forums and pages such as these) and trying, failing and trying again.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: America's Army 2 & 3

Post by Masher »

Post your .bat file and the panel settings are you trying to use to start the server.

For the panel to recognize the server as being up, the panel has to actually start the game server. If it's started by you manually via your batch file--the panel has no way of knowing that it's running.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
BlueIguana-LSG

Post by BlueIguana-LSG »

Here is the line from the .bat file: server.exe GLOBAL border.aao log=server.log ini=server.ini

I entered the IP (local), runserver.bat in the executable field, then I tried all kinds of command line entries like; -console. Then I tried server.exe in teh executable field and the rest form the .bat line above in the command line fields.

Thanks for answering so quickly.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Executable needs to be: server.exe
Commandline arguments need to be: GLOBAL border.aao log=server.log ini=server.ini
Also make sure you set the working directory to the path that contains the server.exe executable.

If the server still does't start, is there any info in the game server's server.log file?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
BlueIguana-LSG

Post by BlueIguana-LSG »

C:\Program Files (x86)\America's Army\System

Above is the working directory of the executable. The log file does not get updated, the last entry is from the June 20th 2010. I tried the settings exactly as you posted them.

Thanks for the quick responses, I hope it is something small I am missing on my end, maybe you can slap me in the forehead when we figure it out.

--UPDATE--
We have used a converter to switch the .bat to a .exe which works when double clicked on the server itself but when attempted from the game panel the server just hangs, then the server refreshes and the status shows Down again.

--UPDATE 2--
We rebooted the actual server, started the game server via the game panel using the converted .bat file, it works! The only thing now is the console window does not appear when connecting to the actual server and the server.exe process does not appear in the processes tab of the task manager.

We do have a green Up status now in the game panel.

--Question 2--
Does the panel work with AA3?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Sorry for the late response.

In regards to converting the .bat to an .exe; just make sure that if you stop it in the panel; it actually stops the server process. Also you might have to turn on 'Show processes from all users' option in task manager to see the process. The panel should work with AA3, the panel is capable of running any program.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
BlueIguana-LSG

Post by BlueIguana-LSG »

No problem on the timing of your response, I appreciate them whenever you get the chance.

As far as AA3 is concerned, the panel starts the server, but will not stop it and still shows it as "Down".

AA2 is working great, it starts it and stops it.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'll have to download and test AA3 tonight. Have you ensured that you closed any instance of AA3 already running that is using the same ip/port before trying to start it with the panel?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
BlueIguana-LSG

Post by BlueIguana-LSG »

Yes sir, and I thank you for pointing out the Show processes for all users, I had missed that. Thank you for the help.

I am trying to go back a do the AA2 server as you said it should be but am having zero luck. I see the server attempt to boot then crash in the processes. Do I need the "-console" that I saw posted in other topics here? I have tried putting the command lines in both the hidden and the other. I did notice what you were speaking of when you said that the bat to exe work around was not really working. It would start the server but it was not really controlling the server.exe. Every time I tried to start the server again it simply started a new instance of server.exe. I am pulling my hair out now and I do not have much left to lose.