small bug in monitor

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Masher
Site Admin

Re: small bug in monitor

Post by Masher »

Could be anything. File permissions, named wrong, not in right place.etc
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mjmfighter

Post by mjmfighter »

well i got the monitor to work, now i just have to get the panel to read the license file

Edit: i found out that it can read the file, but i just dont think it thinks its valid. Unfortunately it doesn't say anywhere if its valid or not.
mjmfighter

Post by mjmfighter »

would there be any specific reason the web panel can see if there is an update or even make a .lic file in linux?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The panel doesn't make the .lic files it makes .licr files. The .lic files come from our site. Also make sure your .lic file is located in the same folder you are using for your log setting in the web.config.

Look in the panel's log file--it should tell you what's wrong with the license.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mjmfighter

Post by mjmfighter »

the panels log has nothing saying anything wrong with the license, all it says is that i logged in. and what i ment to say was the panel makes the .licr files, but if u click the license request button, it says this:

"Unable to obtain hardware key, please contact masher@brainless.us"

All the folders for the log files are the same.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
mjmfighter

Post by mjmfighter »

well that fixed that problem... still unable to read the license..... gah this is becoming a pain.

im wondering if i installed mono wrong, would it have trouble reading files? i used this tutorial since the one u have didnt explain how to do it in ubuntu: http://ruski.co.za/page/Install-Mono-on-Ubuntu.aspx
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Tutorial looks good. You probably have mono installed correctly if everything else seems to be working ok.

Are you hosting it with xsp2 or apache? If you're using apache you may need to set permissions on the license file so that the panel can read it.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
mjmfighter

Post by mjmfighter »

i am using apache, and i have the permissions set so that everyone can read and edit the file, but the main owner is www-data (the apache user)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Have you restarted apache so that it re-loads the license?

Send me a private message with connection details and I can take a look if you'd like.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
mjmfighter

Post by mjmfighter »

i have restarted apache, but it didnt do anything. tomorrow im going to restart the whole vps and if that doesnt work, ill let you look at it.

Thanks for all your help by the way. I really appreciate it.
mjmfighter

Post by mjmfighter »

i fixed it, it just needed a full re-boot. just restarting apache on ubuntu doesnt work, u have to restart mono too.

Now i just need to figure out the LD_LIBRARY_PATH thing