Monitor Service keeps shutting down

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
mike_hawk

Monitor Service keeps shutting down

Post by mike_hawk »

The monitor service keeps requiring to be restarted. I checked the events log and the monitor is showing an error every couple minutes

Code: Select all

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  UGCC Monitor 

- EventID 0 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2010-12-03T00:10:50.000Z 

EventRecordID 17396 

Channel Application 

Computer WIN-QHQVOUB91K5 

Security 

- EventData 

Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy) at #=q$SMt$AM1zJLivRuOumzb9QdQWq2MLhI8Zjur$Ksn$m4=.#=qqN6MceQv$jU$dqgAkcfdvA==() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() 
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Monitor Service keeps shutting down

Post by Masher »

Looks like it's crashing querying one of your UT engine servers, which is wierd as an error in the query shouldn't cause the monitor crash. Do all of your UT engine games query ok in the panel?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mike_hawk

Post by mike_hawk »

You mean a Q3 based game? I checked and they are all querying ok. The log shows the error every minute, same as monitoring is set to.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Hmm, the crash dump is crashing in UTQuery, which is used for unreal queries....but I'm going to assume from your response you are Q3 only?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mike_hawk

Post by mike_hawk »

Sorry when you said UT I was thinking Urban Terror (Q3) We are running no Unreal Tourn servers.

Games running on server: Soldier of Fortune 2, Left 4 Dead 2, TeamFortress 2, TeamSpeak3

I did notice that two of the servers were set to "General" I changed it to Q3 and will let you know if that fixes it.

**edit**
24 hrs and not one crash, just a dumb mistake by me... :P
Working great again now, thanks Masher!