Hi, question about hash check for Minecraft server...

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
pete

Hi, question about hash check for Minecraft server...

Post by pete »

Hello again, got another question. :P

Just wondering, for Minecraft server, the hash check is going to be on the executable, and therefore the java.exe (or javaw.exe)? Assuming it is true, is there anyway to set hash on the minecraft_server.jar instead? I don't really concern about the java.exe (javaw.exe), as my users don't have file access outside of their Minecraft directories.

Thanks.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Hi, question about hash check for Minecraft server...

Post by Masher »

Yes, that's true. I'll add something into the panel and hope to have a beta for you to test tonight.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

This took a little longer than I expected, but it's implemented in the panel. I have to implement it into the monitor now and do some testing, but should be ready tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

Awesome. Thanks for the update. :)
pete

Post by pete »

Hope you don't mind I throw in another question, instead of starting a new thread for it.

I followed the documentation on setting up a Minecraft server in UGCC (link). I started it and got a green light, but somehow I couldn't join my Minecraft server. I then started my Minecraft server via Remote Desktop, and I was able to join.

I then took a look of the Task Manager, and saw:

I don't see the working path that I set in UGCC is included. So where UGCC is trying to invoke the minecraft_server.jar from?

Sorry for the constant issues. :P
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You won't see the working path in task manager. You might want to look at the minecraft log to see if it says anything.

Also I'm assuming you're using a 64 bit version of java? If so you minght want to install a 32 bit version and see if it works. The panel has issues trying to run 64 bit binaries when it's running in 32 bit mode. You could allow it to run in 64 bit mode, but you'd have to copy over the wwwpanel-x64/bin/system.data.sqlite.dll.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Here's 1.38, if you go into the server properties, executable tab, there's a new option called secondary file hash. Enter the full path and filename to your minecraft_server.jar file, click the update button, then click the generate hash button. Let me know if you run into any issues.

http://redirect.brainless.us/ugcc/1.38/deploy.zip
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

Hi Masher,

1)
Upgraded to v1.38, and the web panel is perfect. :)

2)
I switched to run with Java 32-bit, yet still can't join my Minecraft server. I checked the Minecraft log and saw nothing relevant. I believe this issue is caused by my setup instead of the UGCC.

I found out with UGCC/Check.aspx, that:
Process User: IIS APPPOOL\(my app pool)
Can connect to database...True
Can write to database...True
Can write to log directory...True
Under Task Manager, the user of my UGCC - Minecraft server, is (my app pool) as well.

3)
I have a license (purchased last year for TF2), but at the moment I just want the start & stop functions. Therefore, I don't have the monitor installed, but that shouldn't be the cause of my issue, correct?

Many thanks. :)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

1.) Great!
2.) You probably need to give [my apppool] read/write access to your mc folder/subfolders.
3.) There is no problem not using the monitor.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
pete

Post by pete »

Hello Masher,

Just want to report to you that, we have been using the v1.38 update (32-bit) yesterday, and everything was OK:

2)
Masher wrote: 2.) You probably need to give [my apppool] read/write access to your mc folder/subfolders.
I gave IIS_IUSRS full control permission to all the Minecraft related folders, and my clan mates have been using the UGCC web panel today without any issues.

3)
Masher wrote: 3.) There is no problem not using the monitor.
I installed the monitor, and it has been running fine as well.
------------------

Case closed. Thank you very much for the great support. :mrgreen: