Does The Panel Hard Link Game Servers?

Have a question about our panel? Looking for a demo license? Ask us here...
spik22

Does The Panel Hard Link Game Servers?

Post by spik22 »

Hello, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I had a question about Brainless's game control panel. Basically, does the panel automatically hard link files each time it creates a server from the game's base installation? Basically, doing this saves up a lot of space. For example, without using hard links (or any type of links), each CS:GO server I would create would take ~16 GBs each (e.g. if I had four CS:GO servers, that would be 64 GBs of space used for four stock CS:GO servers). With hard links, it would "hard link" each file from one game installation folder. For example, each CS:GO server would hard link one main game installation. This would result in four stock CS:GO servers only taking up ~16 GBs of space instead of 64 GBs.

Any response is highly appreciated!

Thanks.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Does The Panel Hard Link Game Servers?

Post by Masher »

No the panel does not hard link game servers. There is nothing stopping you from doing this manually though and then setting them up in the panel.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!