FastDL Protect

PAL-18

FastDL Protect

Post by PAL-18 »

I'm having a very troublesome issue and ive investigated all possibilites and the only thing it could be is your FastDL protect.

Some players who play on my servers are not able to download any files via FastDL.

I thought maybe it was my web server banning people so i checked and there's no banned IPs. Then with one of these players who cant download files, i gave him the direct URL to a file and he was able to see it in his web browser, so its definitely something with FastDL protect.

Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it? (aside from me having to stop using your service which i really dont want to do)
Masher
Site Admin

Re: FastDL Protect

Post by Masher »

Do you have all the IPs for your game servers listed with your account?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

Yes, but some users are still unable to even to download files from the fastdl server (i checked the log as a user was connecting and they didnt even make the connection).

Could a firewall or some other mechanism that's breaking the redirect on the user's machine be the culprit?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

It's possible, if the user is running an AV or firewall application that strips the referrer's header then the protector would not forward them on.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!