Small Suggestions for Future Updates

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
HpK

Small Suggestions for Future Updates

Post by HpK »

Suggestions:

1) Star Passwords out for security in other admins or other users seeing other users passwords

2) Add another function including the link to switch back and forth between normal and mobile versions.

3) Not have "admin" set manually to appear at login (or am i missing something XD)

4) Add status for pending "starting", "stopping", "restarting", and a big one, "updating" to
let others know without needing to to their emails and see whats going on.

5) Adding support or another monitor support to allow you to use the Panel on another "remote" server Locally (So its secure) and allow it to update locally (Via network drive) and allow the "remote" server to take all the cpu usage instead of the one server taking servers, panel, updates, and many more processing usage. ONLY FOR UPDATES

6) Link Steam Servers

7) Save the emails that are sent out to users so admins can see emails that have been sent out to users and when they were sent out.

8) On EZUGCC.exe should have a prompt on Install, uninstall, or upgrade to continue or not.. (hit the install button on accident and over lapped my whole database.)

9) On EZUGCC.exe should have a prompt on upgrade to re install .css files and images, in other words, re install the design.

Ill add more down the line.. otherwise, keep up the good work
Last edited by HpK on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Small Suggestions for Future Updates

Post by Masher »

1) Passwords are only shown to the 'master' (admin) account. Other admins will not see passwords.

2) Will look into adding

3) If you've successfully logged in, your user name is stored in a cookie and auto-filled in the next time you login. You'll only see if after you've successfully log in.

4) I'd rather wait and let the panel do it's thing and show the result instead of having to require the user to constantly refresh. I do like the idea of showing updating when it is in fact updating and will look to implement that.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
HpK

Post by HpK »

Masher wrote:1) Passwords are only shown to the 'master' (admin) account. Other admins will not see passwords.

2) Will look into adding

3) If you've successfully logged in, your user name is stored in a cookie and auto-filled in the next time you login. You'll only see if after you've successfully log in.

4) I'd rather wait and let the panel do it's thing and show the result instead of having to require the user to constantly refresh. I do like the idea of showing updating when it is in fact updating and will look to implement that.
Thanks for replying. The cookie being logged with the user was something i had in mind but wasnt 100%, at the time i didnt think of checking the cookie myself. xD
HpK

Post by HpK »

5) Adding support or another monitor support to allow you to use the Panel on another "remote" server Locally (So its secure) and allow it to update locally (Via network drive) and allow the "remote" server to take all the cpu usage instead of the one server taking servers, panel, updates, and many more processing usage.
Added another
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Not sure I see the real point of that. Makes everything convoluted and overly complicated.

The panel spawns all the updates with a lower priority so it will not interfere with anything that may need the resources.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
HpK

Post by HpK »

So the panel is the one that starts the process for the updates?
Is so, i have an idea. :-)

But the reason i was thinking of something like this is when someone can support running the panel on one sever and the monitor
on the other. helping the game serves and what ever else you may want to host from running low on resources. ive monitored the
juice the updates take and they arent pretty.. lol but thats just option that might be cool to add. also more of a security
because of the network authentication needed to access such files at a default default 128bit encryption and higher depending on if you want to use
a encrypted type as well. you said you belt off security, so i kept that in mind.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Either the panel or the monitor can start an update.

The monitor has to run on the same server as the game servers. Otherwise there would no way for it to start/stop and monitor the game server's process.

If you really want to take the load the off of the game server, install a monitor on your other box. Install the game servers, set them to auto update. Then on the game server servers; set the update command to use xcopy or robocopy to copy the updated files from the one server to your server.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
HpK

Post by HpK »

Once i get the time to redo my network, i will test the theory i have with the monitor and panel and see if it works with the options it provides.
I will post once ive tested it. :D

Adding one other suggestion.

Link Steam Servers
HpK

Post by HpK »

added another suggestion that should be added
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

8) If you hit install and EzUGCC detects a database already in the destination it will ask you if you really want to install. Hopefully you did a backup before upgrading.

9) Not sure what your asking for. EzUGCC installer backups the database, header/footer.inc and style sheet into the backup folder when doing an upgrade. If you customized those you can just restore from the backup I suppose. Regarding images, if it's the image in the header.inc you should probably give the image a different name than the default.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
HpK

Post by HpK »

Masher wrote:8) If you hit install and EzUGCC detects a database already in the destination it will ask you if you really want to install. Hopefully you did a backup before upgrading.

9) Not sure what your asking for. EzUGCC installer backups the database, header/footer.inc and style sheet into the backup folder when doing an upgrade. If you customized those you can just restore from the backup I suppose. Regarding images, if it's the image in the header.inc you should probably give the image a different name than the default.
Installer didnt ask me when i get it a couple of weeks ago.

When i "Upgraded" today, it replaced all stylesheets and changed out the images for the defaults.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

That has been in there since day one.

That is the expected behavior with an upgrade.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
HpK

Post by HpK »

Masher wrote:That has been in there since day one.

That is the expected behavior with an upgrade.
Take into consideration that these are suggestions again as a consumer and from a developers aspect.
I am only pointing out what i do and don't see and what would help the consumer in a user friendly way.
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

Not sure if you have ever looked at another free panel called gamecreate.
Might give you some ideas for additions to your panel.

Myself, I do like the option on the main page that allow start/stop/restart beside each server without having to jump into that servers page.
It also shows server status as mentioned above with starting, stopped, updating.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I have not looked at other CPs to be honest. It was originally built for my needs; I knew what I wanted and went from there. Now it's more community driven with what features are added. I have so long standing features I want to add, like auto installs and payment integration, but those take time.

You can stop/start servers from the main page without having to go into the server's page. If you click the running/stopped status text on the main page, it'll stop it if it's running and start it if it's stopped. I do like the updating status, and plan to look into adding it.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!