Arma 3

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
MajorPainage

Arma 3

Post by MajorPainage »

Just a heads up for anyone setting up an Arma 3 type server.
Set your server type to Arma or Gamespy 2 Protocol and it shows the players and map in the panel.

Just doesn't show correct player names.
It shows the players UID instead.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Arma 3

Post by Masher »

Thanks for taking the time to post this info. ;)
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Are there plans to update the ArmA3 query properly? I have one of the Devs on Skype if you need doco.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I haven't researched what changes have been made yet; if you can provide a link or what not to the query protocol that'd be great.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

response from the dev I asked.
no difference to OA
[5:20:01 PM] David Foltyn: it's still same gamespy query
[6:02:35 PM] Trevor (Kinsman) Cannard: thanks, but it shows UID's instead of playernames, whereas A2 works fiine
[6:05:30 PM] David Foltyn: because thats what gunna change
[6:47:08 PM] Trevor (Kinsman) Cannard: gotcha
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

So UID's instead of playernames is the new expected behavior?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

ArmA 3 is aplha, so today yes, expected behaviour. Tomorrow.............................. :lol:
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Ok thats odd, ArmA2 didnt query properly, so using gamespy2 for now.
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Just a headsup that something has changed in ArmA3. Our Server seems to have changed from Gamespy 2 to Gamespy 3 protocol.

Switching back to Arma 2 in the panel has allowed it to query again.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... rnal-sites

http://www.gametracker.com/forums/forum ... post342472
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Thanks for the note.Will get arma3 updated in next update.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

There's a bit more explanation why now, and it seems all servers will use the "new" gamespy protocol as they are restarted.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... ost2532476
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Panel has been updated for next update. Thanks again!
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

I thought I would post this here, as it seems as if we want to run a headless Client, we need to start 2 exe's, and I am unsure how to set that up in the panel?
wondering if the user interface for the arma 2 and 3 server will allow a 2nd command line on the arma 2 setup screen that can launch the Arma2OA.exe along side the arma2oaserver.exe
see what i need to get headless client to work is to have two instances of the game to launch on the same server
I finally got around to working it out, you launch the server as normal and then you launch the client after (using the Arma2OA.exe) with its own command line
I'm guessing we create a second "server" using the client exe and then make the real server dependent on that being started first somehow?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yes, setup each as their own servers. Then make the arma2oa one depend on the arma2oaserver.exe.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!