How do you make the auto installer work?

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
pcking99

How do you make the auto installer work?

Post by pcking99 »

Hello. I want to have an auto installer but i use ezugcc any help?
Masher
Site Admin

Re: How do you make the auto installer work?

Post by Masher »

It's not implemented yet.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
pcking99

Post by pcking99 »

When do you think it is?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I don't have any ETA, other than it's slowly being worked on.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

Quick question, could a auto installer using Steam not be easily setup?

Thinking on a autoinstall page, have a drop down menu for steam games that offer the server files, and when game is selected and maybe other variables, those arguments are used to build an install command line.
Same idea as using a .bat for auto update.

eg.

Person selects:
<game> TF2 selected would insert <app id>=232250
<port> if 27015 is selected, it's used for part of the install directory tf2_27015, incase someone wants more than one tf2 server, and the port is also inserted into the query page.

These correspond to values entered into the .bat or commandline to execute steamcmd.

Using steamcmd: steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../tf2_<port> +app_update <app id> validate +quit
Then the command would run and install the game. (Of course steamcmd would have to be installed first - maybe installed with the panel install and it would update itself)

I don't know the work involved in setting this up, but implementing auto install for Steam games must be easier than other games where you would require download locations for the files.
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

Actually the install directory would have to suit more to the account ID for the panel.

eg. ../account1234/tf2_<port>

This would allow separating customers files so they can only access their own files in FTP.

I guess just setting up the update page would almost accomplish the exact same function, but there would be no input from the user.
And I guess some billing setup would be involved.

Hopefully down the road WHMCS can be implemented.