Supported Games?

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
hybrid82

Supported Games?

Post by hybrid82 »

First time poster here...

Is Halo:Combat Evolved supported?
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Supported Games?

Post by Masher »

Any executable can be used with the panel. Some of the more advanced features might not be usable, but if it sues a common query protocol (not familiar with the game to be honest) support for it may already be in the panel.

And welcome. :)
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Seeing as it had used gamespy, you can try setting the game type to gamespy.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

Sounds good and thank your for the warm welcome ;)

I do know that gamespy is shutting the doors down on many game titles - Halo included come June 30th of this year - but I also know that the game will continue to live on (multiplayer wise) as bungie is now hosting the master server which all game servers will now ping.

With that said, if gamespy works for the time being - will that ultimately mean that come June 30th, I'd have to change everything to the new master server (if supported)?

And as a bit of background - I have a VPS through justhost.com that hosts my website (I assume this game server control panel will need to be uploaded/installed there) - and have my game servers running on a different VPS through NFOservers.com. Will this work in my case?

website VPS is linux based
game server VPS is windows based
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

With gamespy, I'm simply refereeing to the protocol that the games had to implement to get information about the server. It should still work regardless of what master server you're using; as it is the game server that is queried. Unless it gets patched out.

Should work fine being split between the two VPS. You'll have to purchase two licenses though, but there is a buy one get one free offer right now too.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

Gotcha.

Is there a demo page or some screenshots of what this control panel looks like? I'm quite interested and for the time being only need the basic one (limited/free) - however, if all works out great I will more than likely purchase a license (2 if needed) no questions asked ;)

My community is right around 30 members and has been steady around that number for almost 3 years now - However, I am expanding and trying to grow my community to venture as a multi-gaming community. With that being said, the number of members should hopefully grow exponentially and quickly - meaning I'll need more admins for the different games we venture into (with more tools at our disposal).

But before I make the leap and start using your services, I'd like to do some comparing and check out either a demo or some screenshots of the control panel if you have any available.
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
MajorPainage

Post by MajorPainage »

With the free version you can see all the pages once you install it.
Some pages just won't work with the free version, but you can still hop around from page to page to see what is offered.

On the page, you will see a message like "Only available with licensed version"
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

Alrighty. Thanks!

I do have a few more questions though if that's alright.

1. Do I upload/install the files on my 2-core main server VPS (holds all my game servers)?
1a. If so, what do I need to upload/install on my website VPS?

2. Or do I upload/install the files on my website VPS?

I'm a bit confused on where to upload/install these files as I have 2 different locations - my 2-core main server VPS (which holds all of my game servers, hosted by nfoservers.com) and I have my website VPS (which only has my site on it, hosted by justhost.com).
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'd first recommend getting acquainted with the documentation: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80

Demo site: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=70

Answers to
1.) No, you just need to setup the monitor in slave mode/remote mode. Review the documentation and let me know of any questions.
1a.) on Linux you'll want to follow some of the install guides as it's a bit involved to setup the web part of the panel on Linux. If you're not comfortable with Linux; you may want to just use the EzUGCC installer on your windows vm server; with two clicks it's installed.
Linux install guides: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=442
EzUGCC: http://www.brainless.us/downloadcategor ... C-&-EzUGCC

2.) Reference the documentation, not everything is required in both places.

I think If you review the documentation you'll get a better grasp of things. You can make it as simple or complex as you'd like. If you just want a simple solution I'd recommend installing EzUGCC on your windows VPS.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

Masher wrote:I'd first recommend getting acquainted with the documentation: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=80

Demo site: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=70

Answers to
1.) No, you just need to setup the monitor in slave mode/remote mode. Review the documentation and let me know of any questions.
1a.) on Linux you'll want to follow some of the install guides as it's a bit involved to setup the web part of the panel on Linux. If you're not comfortable with Linux; you may want to just use the EzUGCC installer on your windows vm server; with two clicks it's installed.
Linux install guides: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=442
EzUGCC: http://www.brainless.us/downloadcategor ... C-&-EzUGCC

2.) Reference the documentation, not everything is required in both places.

I think If you review the documentation you'll get a better grasp of things. You can make it as simple or complex as you'd like. If you just want a simple solution I'd recommend installing EzUGCC on your windows VPS.
Sorry for being gone for awhile, been pre-occupied with other things. I appreciate what you provided in feedback to my questions, however, after reading it, I'm still confused. You mention that no files are to be uploaded to my 2-core VPS server (where my game servers are located), and everything is needed to be uploaded/installed on my website server which when installed - would only need to setup the monitor in slave mode/remote mode to obtain the info for my 2-core main server (where my game servers are located). But then you mention at the end that I would need to install the EzUGCC on my windows VPS which is my 2-core VPS server (where my game servers are located)...I'm not sure if that was a mistake on your part, but could use some clarification.

My website is located on a VPS (Linux) with a hosting company.
My game servers are located also on a VPS server (Windows 2003) but through a different hosting company.
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

Okay...I'm pretty sure all I need to do is upload everything to my website which uses Linux.

I'll be using the UGCC rather than the Ez one since the Ez one is for Windows only.

Okay, just to get a few things cleared up, what do these mean?
1. CP
2. CD
3. MkDir = Make Directory (I think)
4. cp -r
5. nano

Also, if I still can't get this setup correctly, Masher, would you help me get it setup?
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

EzUGCC was only recommended for the Windows server as it's an easy way to get going. Click it, install it, it's ready.

If you're not familiar with Linux (including what cp, cd, mkdir, cp -r, nano commands are) I'd highly recommend that you do not install the panel on your Linux server and stick with using ezugcc on your Windows VPS solely.

We can provide installation services, the cost for windows is fixed, but Linux is hourly due to the differences in distributions, etc.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

Alrighty, I got this setup and think I have the gist of everything now! I am using the EzUGCC one for Windows.

I have a few more questions though. As mentioned before, I have a total of 13 or so game servers, however, they are multiple instances from 1 executable. How would I set this up correctly?
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

Scratch my question above. I got it figured out!

Thank you all for your help!
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Glad you got it all sorted out! If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!