"Open in FTP Client" questions...

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
hybrid82

"Open in FTP Client" questions...

Post by hybrid82 »

Hello there Masher,

I have a few questions regarding the "Open in FTP Client" button.

1.) How exactly does this work?
-----> Our current setup is that our panel IS located on the same computer as our game servers, so no remote connection is occurring...With that said, do we just stick in the root path to the folder?

We have tried several different options, and nothing seems to work. We have a license, but everytime we think we have it setup correctly, and go and try to use that button "Open in FTP Client", all it does is open a new tab/window (blank)...

Looking forward to your reply
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
NeX

Re: "Open in FTP Client" questions...

Post by NeX »

I have a licensed copy of the UGCC, and have set up and am using the integrated FTP server.

When using a filezilla client, it all works perfectly with the AGSCP accounts/passwords as well as permissions and root folder paths for each server manager and account.

However, Under <server_name>->Manage->Files there is a button labeled "Open in FTP Client" that seems to only pop open a blank tab in the browser, and I cannot seem to find any documentation on how to use it or set it to open that connection with the FTP client installed on my machine.

With how it is labeled, I would assume that by clicking it, it would open a client FTP program with the arguments of the connection that is viewable above in the intergrated tool - but it doesn't seem to do anything presently (other than open a blank tab in browser), nor can I seem to find a way to make it do so.

Any suggestions, or is this just a dummy button for a planned future update? It's not a...functionality issue so much, simply because FileZilla client works perfectly, but I have to open up the client externally, which makes the button seem pointless.

Thanks
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The panel needs to be licensed and the ftp server integrated in the monitor needs to be enabled and running.

The button is functional and should open with whatever application you have associated to handle ftp:// urls. What is the URL in the blank window?

Currently it doesn't work with manual FTP settings that you may have entered in the file tool, but plan to add that in soon.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

We have purchased a license, but can't seem to figure this out. When we click on that button, it opens a new tab/window but it is simply blank. The URL is "about:blank".

Do we need to go into the "settings" tab, "configuration", and make sure the box is checked for "FTP virtual directory display type" in the "other" tab?

Other than that, we are unsure what we are doing wrong here...
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Are you 100% sure it is running in licensed mode though? Go to settings-->About UGCC to verify.

Is the monitor running? Can you ftp to the server via the command line or a tool like filezilla?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
hybrid82

Post by hybrid82 »

We are 100% sure it is running in licensed mode. We checked the settings-->About UGCC and it is telling us that "Panel is licensed - Thank you!"

We have the filezilla server on our local machine and that works just fine if we (client) connect to it - however, we do not have it open or running anymore since this software has it's own built-in ftp.

So to answer you last question, yes, we can ftp to the server via filezilla, but we do not want to use that since this software has it's own built-in ftp...

Is the monitor running? As far as we are aware of - yes. However, could you guide us in the right direction so we can double check?

All we want to do is allow sub-account users to be able to click on that button "Open in FTP" and have it work - it is still redirecting us to a new tab/window "about:blank"...
Kind Regards,
Hybrid82
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You need to have your IP address set in the server definition for the game server. You can click on the name of the server definition in the main menu and put the IP address there. I'll update the next version to use the game server's query IP incase the server definition value is blank.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!