Possible Support PVPGN

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
GecKoTDF

Possible Support PVPGN

Post by GecKoTDF »

Hi,

It's possible to support the Query of PVPGN - I can control de PVPGN process using the panel, start the 3 .exe in chain mode, turn off, on, etc.-
But usually this type of server its recommended reboot 1 time per day - But without the query status you can't set turn off until players are 0.-

I can give you and example of a php status system:
https://github.com/pvpgn/phputils/tree/ ... pgn-status

Works fine, and here it's apply in my enviroment:
http://oldservers.com.ar/pvpgn-status

In general lines there are 3 .exe (PVPGN - D2GS and D2DBS) the important one It's PVPGN where the users login (Port 6112) the PHP version they separate the different games for example Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, etc - In this case for the panel we dont care about that, just inform if any player its connected to avoid the panel restart because 1 player its connected.-

Of course the server image can be more complex like the PHP Status, and inform the different games, with the amount of players etc - But just for query status in first instance just get the players loged in it's enough

Thanks!
Last edited by GecKoTDF on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Possible Support PVPGN

Post by Masher »

So it just pulls the status from a file (server.dat)?

Can you export your 3 servers as a template and send them to me?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
GecKoTDF

Post by GecKoTDF »

Sure, I send you in private the file, but I can explain here.-

The server.dat file it's an automatic file generated by the pvpgn.exe process port 6112, and this inform the status of every game (diablo 2, war3, war2, etc) how many users, uptime,channels (IRC), etc.-
I believe the panel can take this information not from a query port, probably read it from the file, because the architecture of the server.dat it's very simple, a plain text file, just and extract of the file:

Code: Select all

[STATUS]
Version=1.99.7.2.0-PRO-36f9925
Uptime=1 day 23 hours 21 minutes 5 seconds
Games=3
Users=6
Channels=44
UserAccounts=120
If the server status have a Users equal 0 - it's time to reboot.-
And of course taking this file, you can create a very nice server image if you have the time, because in the User area from this file, give you the country, the game are playing, the ping, etc.-
But Like I say, just getting how amount of users are connected, it's the first step.-

By the way the file its located in:

"MAIN FOLDER"\VAR\STATUS\server.dat

And this location can't be change it.

Thanks Masher for your time like always
GecKoTDF

Post by GecKoTDF »

Hi Masher,

Its possible to get support of the PVPGN system?

Thanks
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yes it's possible. Still trying to determine best way to implement this as it's a bit outside of the normal way getting server info.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Query support was added in 2.12.

For the server ip address, enter the path to root of the game server instead of IP address (i.e. x:\servers\pvpgn). You can enter the IP in the display IP address field so it shows the IP instead of that path on the menu page.

Downloads can be gotten here: https://www.brainless.us/forum/viewtopi ... 7869#p7869
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
GecKoTDF

Post by GecKoTDF »

Hi Masher,

Amazing job, this weekend im going to work in the server, and buy a second panel for another VPS where the PVPGN its working - Link the two panels (the main and the second vps) and put the PVPGN inside.
GecKoTDF

Post by GecKoTDF »

Hi Masher,

Its Working fine but now I find a new issue - If the server its in a remote location for example another PC - when you put the query address the folder where PVPGN its working try to search a local folder where the panel it's working not the Server Definition folder

Try to put the IP of the shared folder, or in the local panel pc mount the shared folder as a unit like Z:\PVPGN an put that in the query address but no luck.-
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

To be honest I didn't write the code with this situation in mind. I'll see what i can do.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!