7 Days to Die Compatibility

UGCC is an affordable web based control panel for controlling game servers. Works on Windows/Linux/BSDs.
mfernald

7 Days to Die Compatibility

Post by mfernald »

Is the panel compatible with 7D2D? It seems no matter the command line the server never launches.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: 7 Days to Die Compatibility

Post by Masher »

Yes, it's supported. Does the game work outside of the panel (i.e. launching manually)?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mfernald

Post by mfernald »

The server launches normally via the startup.bat provided with the game. When configuring to run on the panel, it seems to be stuck in a perpetual state of not launching.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

What are the settings you're using on the executable tab?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mfernald

Post by mfernald »

The settings are:

Server Root: C:\Shared\7D2D
Working Directory: %Root%
Server Executable: %Root%\7DaysToDieServer.exe
Command line arguments:-logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data\output_log%LOGTIMESTAMP%.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Does the logfile get created? I.e. logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data\output_log%LOGTIMESTAMP%.txt? Does that have any information as to why it's crashing? Also the logfile %LOGTIMESTAMP% may be an issue. I think in the batchfile that gets substituted by something. You could probably change it to a static filename, and then specify that filename in the console option for the server; the panel will automatically rotate it on restart.

A 7D2D server I have setup (may be old) is using; note the logfile is a bit different:

-logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data\output_log.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
mfernald

Post by mfernald »

That seems to work, it doesn't look like the console file is working however. I can see ones when run with their startup.bat but not with the panel.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Really not sure why it's not creating the log file....the game server would be creating it and not the panel.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!