Issue with stopping gmod servers

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
balon

Issue with stopping gmod servers

Post by balon »

On the panel we have csgo and gmod servers running on the same machine. Both with -pidfile specified. GMOD servers will not shut, cause remote timeout.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Issue with stopping gmod servers

Post by Masher »

Are there any errors in the logs? What version of the panel?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
balon

Post by balon »

Latest version, no errors besides one saying it cannot gracefully shutdown.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Graceful shutdown support for gmod was recently added, if you have RCON enabled on the server it might be beneficial to get it working.

Make sure the rcon port value is set in the query tab, and the normal or hidden command contains the +rcon_password option (i.e. +rcon_password SomePassword).
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
balon

Post by balon »

Both are set. Still not working.

Connection timed out waiting for a response from the remote monitor.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

For now set the gametype to source or csgo; everything should still work the same. Will add a new game type in the next update that doesn't use graceful shutdowns. Sorry for the hassle.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Geferon

Post by Geferon »

Masher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 pm For now set the gametype to source or csgo; everything should still work the same. Will add a new game type in the next update that doesn't use graceful shutdowns. Sorry for the hassle.
Maybe an option for source servers could be added in the config to enable graceful shutdown for them or not.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yeah, the next update will have two game types for gmod; one with and one without graceful shutdown.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!