Update Check errors

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
patriot-games

Update Check errors

Post by patriot-games »

Hello,

ugccmon.log is still reporting errors when attempting an update check on the game servers:

Code: Select all

4/11/2014 10:24:50 AM	Error in update check for server id: 5-Error getting response stream (ReadDone2): ReceiveFailure  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity (System.Uri absoluteUri, System.String role, System.Type ofObjectToReturn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GetStreamFromUrl (System.String url, System.String& absoluteUriString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader..ctor (Boolean dummy, System.Xml.XmlResolver resolver, System.String url, XmlNodeType fragType, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor (Boolean dummy, System.Xml.XmlResolver resolver, System.String url, XmlNodeType fragType, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings, System.Xml.XmlParserContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at #=qsf$8Y9edV87ZSAAgMLZBVKbQ8jPlprpJlRlAcgzHWLE=.#=quSKeTzDkSwbwxgUmxr2mwQ== (System.String #=qI5V2xTQBzzU_dCrmHDbxhQ==, System.String& #=qYIGA6JMUyW_gbF6Hkb6egg==) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at #=qsf$8Y9edV87ZSAAgMLZBVKbQ8jPlprpJlRlAcgzHWLE=.#=qt2F5veW7UbV2rTHnvNmatA== (.#=qQkWEhZoJIBJ7zql58C4VENFhhjW5EvppPTzaI0bD2Eo=& #=qAoK4B07YlAldEg2CE1xdjg==, Boolean #=q8h$BG0hBXNB0EKVqi69mwg==, System.String #=qFPGnuHcfLah6VIt4Sfw08Q==) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
As far as I can tell, the servers are not getting updated (Team Fortress 2 just released an update and I had to do it manually)

Mono version: Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.8.1 (Debian 2.10.8.1-8)

Is this a bug with ugcc or Mono or a configuration problem on my end?

Thank you,

PG
www.patriot-games.net
High Performance Game Servers
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Update Check errors

Post by Masher »

It's working on Windows fine for me. Will double check on a Linux VM later. Probably mono or your system config. Doing some googling; it looks like others have the same issue; but no fix.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Working in Ubuntu for me as well; test with a csgo server.

uname -a
Linux 3.11.0-17-generic #31-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 3 21:52:43 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.8.1 (Debian 2.10.8.1-5ubuntu2)

Ugccmon.log:
4/11/2014 9:41:24 PM Starting automatic update of ID: 3, appid=730. We have ver 1.32.4.0 and required version is 13260
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
patriot-games

Post by patriot-games »

Masher,

The problem I posted only has to do with the update process, the rest of the monitor and control panel functions all work as expected. So it seems strange that only the update process would fail. I don't know how to begin troubleshooting the problem because I have no idea how to interpret the error messages in egccmon.log. Can you give some guidance on how to track down the underlying cause and get this resolved? This is a linux system running in remote mode between a dedicated webserver (Deb 7 32bit) where the panel is installed and a dedicated game server (Deb 7 64bit) where the remote monitor is installed.

Thank you,

PG
www.patriot-games.net
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I realize your problem is with the update process. I had tested the update process as well (the auto update to be more precise).

Your error points to an issue with the auto-update process. The panel makes a web call to valve's api (https). Something on your server is not causing it to work. Maybe DNS settings? Are you able to resolve hostnames? Are you blocking outgoing https? Can you look in the logs and see if it has ever worked? If it has do you have any ideas what might of changed when you started seeing that error in the log?

If you google "Error getting response stream (ReadDone2): ReceiveFailure" you'll see that some people seem to be getting the error with no resolutions.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I wonder if I know what the problem may be. In the panel, go to admin menu, goto ugcc information. Click the update check. Does it work?

If it doesn't work, try running the following as root.

mozroots --import --quiet --machine --sync

Then try doing the update check again. Let me know.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
patriot-games

Post by patriot-games »

Hi Masher,

Since there seemed to be no resolution to this issue, I stopped investing time in it. I now returned to back to the forums and read you last reply.

I tried the Update Check and it failed. Ran the root certificate command as root and tried again, but no joy. The ugccmon.log just fills up with update errors everyday, so I just purge the file everyday or so. I recently rebooted the main server and since then the update check errors are constant, so not sure what may have changed.

PG
-----
Update: now the web panel is not working at all, throws a 404 error. Nothing was changed on the web server...yet another issue to debug

Final update: I've decided to simplify my server management process and go back to basic bash scripts. I have uninstalled ugccc, mono, etc. from my web server and master game server. The master/slave system was just too complex for the few game servers I run. Feel free to close this thread.

PG
www.patriot-games.net