With EzUGCC 1.70 and 1.71 we introduced a major flaw in the install script. The configuration template that we used for new installs was pointing to the wrong database location. This location was getting overwritten with a blank database during an upgrade. We apologize for this oversight, we truly feel bad for the trouble this has caused some of you.
We have updated the EzUGCC installer to help prevent this problem from occurring again. If you upgrade, and all your servers and users disappear; you've been affected by this bug. If you're affected by the bug, the following procedure will ensure you will be able to recover your database and update your configuration so that the database is in the right location and won't be overwritten during future updates.
If you're unsure if this affects you, at least follow the instructions until the upgrade. If you're able to login and all your servers re-appear--you're all set and don't need to bother with the rest of the procedure.
Feel free to contact me if you need assistance.
- First backup all of the .db3 files in the EzUGCC folder and DB folder. You may need to stop the services. Start-->run-->type cmd, press enter. Then run 'net stop ugcc-www' and 'net stop ugccmon'.
- Download the latest EzUGCC and perform the upgrade
- Log back into the panel. If it doesn't take your password, try the default admin/admin.
- If your server list is blank and you had to log in with the default username/password, you've been affected with this bug.
- Open the web.config file in C:\Program Files\EzUGCC\UGCCPanel, and find the line that reads:
Code: Select all
<add key="sqlitelocation" value="C:\Program Files\EzUGCC\db"/>
- Remove the '\db' so that it reads
Code: Select all
<add key="sqlitelocation" value="C:\Program Files\EzUGCC"/>
- Save the .config file
- The .db3 file you backed up that was in the C:\Program Files\EzUGCC\db folder, needs to be restored into the C:\Program Files\EzUGCC folder.
- Restart the services (net start ugcc-www and net start ugccmon)