Page errors

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Hazz

Page errors

Post by Hazz »

On the adminconfig.aspx and adminhdrftr.aspx page when saving or changing tab I seem to be getting a standard Runtime error. I've updated to the latest version and it is still happening. Any ideas?

I haven't tried all the pages, but these are the only 2 pages that seem to be doing this at the moment.

This is on a Ubuntu Linux server running the latest 1.75 version of UGCC.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Page errors

Post by Masher »

Can you find the actual error and post it?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

Had to enable the error output. Here is the error for the adminconfig.aspx page.

Code: Select all

System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$txtFrom=""Clan of Doom S...").
  at System.Web.HttpRequest.ThrowValidationException (System.String name, System.String key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection (System.String name, System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection coll, RequestValidationSource source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.InternalProcessRequest () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Getting similar errors about the dangerous Request.Form value from the other page.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

What asp.net version is displayed at the bottom of the error page?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.1

Haven't updated in a while...
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You need to be on version 2 or 3.5. Probably why you are getting those errors.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Just copy/pasted this out of the install guide for debian/Ubuntu. Should help.

Note: If you're using Ubuntu 12.04 or newer; you may have to edit /etc/apache2/modsavailable/
mod_mono.conf file. Go to the very last line of the file and replace all references of
mono-server4 to mono-server2. This makes apache target the 2.0/3.5 .net version. Debian
users may want to verify this as well.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

That worked, thanks.

Just a heads up my mod_mono.conf file was in: /etc/apache2/mods-enabled