Remote MySQL Server is painfully slow

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
mywarthog

Remote MySQL Server is painfully slow

Post by mywarthog »

I'm having an issue with running a remote MySQL server with the panel. I have the panel being hosted on a Windows IIS Server currently, but my MySQL server is remote, as to not take up too many resources from the VPS that both the panel and the gameservers are located on. The MySQL Server is located in New York, NY on a CentOS 7 Box and the Game server/web panel server is in Dallas, TX on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Box.

Is there a way to configure the panel to not take 2 minutes just to load the home page, or any other page for that matter, when using a remote MySQL Server? When I had the MySQL server on the same box, but going through XAMPP, the connection was extremely snappy. I have the gameservers also going to that same MySQL server, and the connection is very quick, leading me to believe that it's something with the panel/IIS Configuration. Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Remote MySQL Server is painfully slow

Post by Masher »

How much latency do you have between the two servers?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
mywarthog

Post by mywarthog »

Across 20 packets:

Code: Select all

Packets: Sent = 20, Received = 20, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 40ms, Maximum = 41ms, Average = 40ms
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Ok, looks like I need to do a query optimization pass on the code. I'll send you a PM when I have a build ready.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I tested the panel with a remote MySQL server and it was painfully slow as well. I identified an issue with the code and optimized most of the queries on the menu. I saw an average of about 7x improvement. I'll send you a pm with the update.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
mdn

Post by mdn »

Currently using EzUGCC sqlite on a single Windows 2012 server that controls the web panel and the game servers. We have another Windows server that we'd like to tie together which means we're going to need to host a MySQL database.

Question: Our MySQL server is in a different datacenter than either of our other servers. Is the issue the OP is experiencing significant enough where we wouldn't want to run in this configuration?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

It depends on a lot of factors. Best is to try and see. If you'd like the beta update to try let me know and I'll send you a PM with the update.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

1.78 has been released and includes much improved MySQL performance. In my testing I was able to get the menu page (with a ton of servers) on a remote MySQL server from loading in 90 seconds down to 5.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!