Rust Graceful Shutdown / Monitoring / Query

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
mdn

Rust Graceful Shutdown / Monitoring / Query

Post by mdn »

Just purchased a license for our Rust servers and have run into a few issues.

1)
Is it possible to force a graceful shutdown for Rust Experimental? Issuing the command 'quit' via rcon or in the command window will save the map and kick all players which will ensure that all data is saved and crafting queues are not lost. How would we go about mandating a graceful shut down without requiring users to rcon first?

2)
Using "Enable advanced monitoring" does not work as it causes the game server to be restarted after the timeout has been reached. Even if the timeout is 5 minutes, the server will still be restarted. Is advanced monitoring possible?

3)
Query... am I correctly understanding that this should enable us to view the output from the RustDedicated file? We have not been able to get Query to function.

A design improvement would be to change how the stop button is set. Currently someone who miss clicks to the left on the 'stop' drop down menu for the server will cause it to be force closed. Perhaps it would make more sense to have the 'stop' option be an option in the drop down menu instead of the default action for the button? Accidentally clicking is too easy as it is now.

Looking through some of the other support topics, I do wonder if this would have been better suited in the general section as this doesn't necessarily pertain to an issue with the software, rather how to get a feature to work.

To meet the requirements of the section:
Using EzUGCC
Windows 2012 / 64BIT
SQLlite

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Rust Graceful Shutdown / Monitoring / Query

Post by Masher »

1.) Not at this point, but will add this feature for the next update.

2.) Advanced monitoring requires query to be working, which I assume it is not.

3.) Query is for getting information from the server (map, players, etc.) via the server query protocol. Advanced monitoring uses these queries to determine if a server is non-responsive. Once x amount of queries fail the panel assumes the server is dead and restarts it.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
lodac

Post by lodac »

Great to hear an upcoming feature added for Rust! Thanks

We run Arma 3 servers and Rust servers.

Our platform is Linux Webserver to handle the Control panel, then Windows servers for Arma and Rust using the Monitoring service. Everything has been working pretty amazing for Arma. With the latest update for UGCC, the newly added WinBroker for Rust has been a godsend, except we are noticing some issues.

We find that the rustdedicated.exe will start twice upon monitor failure. Both start in the background, then one comes to the desktop, however one will always remain in the background until we stop the server from the Control Panel. When we do that, the background closes, however the Desktop one remains running. The only way I have found to resolve this, is to restart.

ideas?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Are you running two brokers concurrently? If so you can only use one broker at a time (either winbroker or older broker).

What do you see in the log file when when this happens?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Just finished Rust graceful shutdown. Will be in the next update.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

1.78 has been released and includes graceful shutdown support for Rust. Please see the documentation for enabling proper graceful shutdown.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!