Monitor cannot connect to remote monitors

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
AccelerateServers

Monitor cannot connect to remote monitors

Post by AccelerateServers »

After updating to 1.78, the main monitor will lose connection to my two remote servers randomly. I have to run ./stop.sh on my remote servers and ./start.sh for them to reconnect. There is nothing posted in the logs on any of the monitors, except when the monitor is reinitialized.

Ubuntu 12.04lts
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Monitor cannot connect to remote monitors

Post by Masher »

Have you checked in both the log tool and log files? The ugccmon.log may contain more info incase it's a database connection issue.

Is the port still open on the machines that loose connection?

Does ftp still work if enabled?

Is the ugccmon process still running?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
AccelerateServers

I have checked all of the log files.

The ports are all open that im aware of, it is the same server I have always been using.

The virtual FTP server does not work when it disconnects.

I am not sure about the last question, when i run ./stop.sh, I get:

Code: Select all

root@chi1:/ugcc# ./stop.sh
./stop.sh: 4: kill: No such process

./stop.sh: 5: kill: No such process

root@chi1:/ugcc# ./stop.sh
/bin/cat: /tmp/ugccmonsvc.exe.lock: No such file or directory
./stop.sh: 4: kill: Usage: kill [-s sigspec | -signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or
kill -l [exitstatus]
./stop.sh: 5: kill: Usage: kill [-s sigspec | -signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or
kill -l [exitstatus]
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/ugccmonsvc.exe.lock': No such file or directory
I typically run ./stop.sh twice.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Sounds like it's crashing.

Start a screen session. Start the monitor with the --debug option:

mono-service2 --debug ugccmonsvc.exe

When it stops responding check your screen session for an error.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
AccelerateServers

I am monitoring it now via your method above. It should be noted that it appears that both remote monitors seem to be disconnected at the same time.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

What is the last entry in the log file before the monitor's restart?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
AccelerateServers

The last log entry is whatever happened before the "crash" so it varies. In this case, there was no activity late last night so the last thing logged was "automatically checking for servers to be disabled" which is normal.

This is what was logged from --debug:

Code: Select all

root@chi1:/ugcc# mono-service2 --debug ugccmonsvc.exe
Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
exception inside UnhandledException handler: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
root@chi1:/ugcc#
It isn't time-stamped but there is a few hour time gap between when I launched the command and when I got the "Unable to connect to MySQL host" error
AccelerateServers

And I should note the same error occurred on both remote servers.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Unfortunately that doesn't help tell me where it's crashing. Are you still having this problem? Seems like the monitors are having connectivity issues with MySQL server. I"ll do some more local testing to determine where it's crashing.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
AccelerateServers

It seems to happen randomly like I said. It can happen twice in one hour, or go hours without occurring, and nothing gets logged besides what I just showed you. This only started happening when I updated, I never had any of these issues before.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I've shutdown my MySQL server and the am letting the monitor run until it crashes--I'll repeat this to isolate the areas it's likely failing in.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Found one MySQL crash. Download the 1.783 update, it's the current download in the downloads section. Please let me know if it helps. You'll want to update panel and monitor.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

1.783 should write to /var/log/messages if there's an unhandled exception.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Just uploaded another update, I hope this will fix your monitor crash. Didn't change the version number.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!