[Solved] Manual / Auto Update does not work

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
MadMan

[Solved] Manual / Auto Update does not work

Post by MadMan »

Hi guys. Licensed user, and happy customer here. Recently, maybe a couple weeks ago, I started hearing complaints from my server admins about not being able to update their servers through UGCC. After looking into it, I discovered that none of the server updaters are working. I've been updating everything manually by running the batch files on remote desktop of my server box. Let's use GMod as an example.

The actual batch file code:

Code: Select all

cd D:\GameServers\SteamCMD
steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\GameServers\SourceServers\Gmod\server6 +app_update 4020 validate +quit
steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\GameServers\SourceServers\Gmod\server6\cstrike +app_update 232330 validate +quit
del "D:\GameServers\SourceServers\Gmod\server6\hl2.exe" /Q /S
What we're doing here is installing Garrys Mod, installing CSS, then deleting the .exe from CSS.

Here's the readout from the updater thingy:

Code: Select all

Update completed 8/23/2015 2:19:14 AM
====================
D:\GameServers\server install>cd D:\GameServers\SteamCMD 
D:\GameServers\SteamCMD>steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\GameServers\SourceServers\Gmod\server6 +app_update 4020 validate +quit 
D:\GameServers\SteamCMD>steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\GameServers\SourceServers\Gmod\server6\cstrike +app_update 232330 validate +quit 
D:\GameServers\SteamCMD>del "D:\GameServers\SourceServers\Gmod\server6\hl2.exe" /Q /S 
Then at the bottom it says 'Update has finished.' So basically, it's acting like it's doing stuff, but it doesn't. However, I created a fake hl2.exe, ran the updater, and it successfully deleted the file. So the batch IS running, but all the steamCMD commands are just... not being run. As you can see, there aren't even any whiny steamCMD messages about not being subscribed or anything like that.

Via remote desktop, I have no problems running the batch files manually. I also tried opening the broker, and the batch files apparently won't run through the broker. I even added a 'pause' to the batch file, just to make sure I wasn't missing it.

My server is on windows. I have not recently changed or updated anything, including UGCC itself. I have a feeling the problem is on my end. Perhaps some part of UGCC doesn't have the correct user privileges or something. Or maybe some process is not running. The thing is, I have no idea where to start looking, because I don't really know the ins and outs of how the updating thing works.

Help? :3
Last edited by MadMan on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Manual / Auto Update does not work

Post by Masher »

The last steamcmd update throws an error with UGCC. I've been in contact with Valve and they will release an update, but did not provide an ETA. I've also released an update (1.784) that works around the issue. You can either update the panel or wait for Valve to release the steamcmd update.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
MadMan

Re: Manual / Auto Update does not work

Post by MadMan »

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

But it took me a minute to figure out what to download. The news posts only go up to 1.781, and the download page only has 1.783. Which I found out only after installing it, that it's actually 1.784.

Anyway, working good now, thanks for all the good work.

For anyone else with this problem:
TLDR: Valve broke it, update the panel.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] Manual / Auto Update does not work

Post by Masher »

Sorry for the confusion I forgot to update the version numbers.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!