Restart for Rust

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
dirtypixels

Restart for Rust

Post by dirtypixels »

Is there away of increasing the restart value from 2 seconds and potentially running a count down.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Restart for Rust

Post by Masher »

It's not currently possible. I do see the value in it and will investigate. What would you consider a good restart value?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
dirtypixels

Re: Restart for Rust

Post by dirtypixels »

It depends what's possible, I'm a big fan of the count down timer that takes place when running restart from console.

But if this wasn't possible, then I'd say potentially a two part warning system. One warning to say that the server was to restart in 30 seconds then a final one stating server will restart now.

At the moment it 2 seconds and then it's off. The problem with this is in a busy chat it can be lost amongst everything else.

Also maybe the option to personalise the message, possibly within variables.

I appreciate this me waffling, but is it also possible to add a fallback option for restart. At the moment I have it setup to restart when 20 players or less every 12 hours.

Today for example the restart never took place and the server crashes. This tends to happen if I don't schedule restarts. It would be great if we could say if a restart doesn't happen X amount of hours after skipping it does it anyway regardless of player amount.