Configuring Rust server restart on crash

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
ledieurust

Configuring Rust server restart on crash

Post by ledieurust »

Hi,

I´m running a Rust Server and I´m having some problems with the restart on crash feature of the control panel.

Everything is working fine except the restart on crash. I´m using the brokertool to see the console.
The query port is set to 28015 cause is the one I have set to be the server port, not sure if this is the proper port to set.

I just enabled the restart on crash and startup, but I have disabled the advanced monitoring. Not sure if I should enable this feature too.
The license I´m using is the full trial so all the functions should be working.

I will appreciate if someone running a succesfull Rust Server configuration could give me some info about how to set up the options.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Mario
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Configuring Rust server restart on crash

Post by Masher »

Enabling both monitoring features should be fine.

Can you query the server from the game panel (does it show map and player info)?

Do you have the game type set to rust?

Is the monitor service running?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
ledieurust

Post by ledieurust »

Hi Masher, thanks for the answer.

Ok, I just enabled restart on crash and advanced monitoring.
I can query the server from the panel, I see the map and the number if players online.
Server type is set to Rust.
If I open the task manager I see the UGCC monitoring service running.

I just set an autocommand to close the server every 6 hours for restarting (in the rust server, not the control panel). My goal is to set an autorestart every 6 hours, the panel should realize that the server has stopped, close that console and start the server again right?

If I set an auto restart from the control panel feature, what will happen? It will kill the process and start it again right? Is there any way to alert the players about the restart?

Thanks again in advance,

Regards,

Mario
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The monitor service should notice that the server is not running and restart it.

The panel's auto restart feature will send a warning shortly before the restart to let players know it is restarting.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
ledieurust

Post by ledieurust »

Hi Masher,

I tried with the config and I´m having troubles, not sure why.
When I try to stop the server from the panel, it says "unable to stop the server due to an unhandled error"

And when I try to login from out of the server (other IP) I get the same problem I use to get one week ago, it says there is not set up servers.

Regards,

Mario
ledieurust

Post by ledieurust »

Hi Masher,

I´ve been testing the autorestart feature and it isn´t working, probably because of the same problem with the restart on crash.

I checked the logs and this is what I get when the monitor tries to restart the server.

Performing timed restart of server id: 5

Stopping

Killing child processes of process 2052 with taskkill

Tried to gracefully shutdown rust server. Error connecting to host: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 37.59.51.139:28017

Ungracefully killing Rust experimental server process

Server id: 5 Stop Error==Access is denied at System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill() at #=qc8sYPX_Vw6KRhS_NdCUpig==.#=qF4KVz0$wCbTm4LL40EtCng==(String #=qiD4ZhvFLU2n5e31dXzXoLA==, #=qkClLZe2BrOEmfjWzcjSPZPOQDr0VXQFGfoZ4sPvwbLw=& #=qpy3fiZsHJp96JrE$Xmf6nA==, String& #=qTDF6hHvGnhYcEmhaJ_55rA==)

Error while stopping: Error trying to stop the server, contact support.

After this if I start it manually it works well.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Mario
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I sent you a private message incase you didn't notice.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
ledieurust

Post by ledieurust »

Sorry, didn´t notice, I just sent you an answer.

Thanks