Extras Menu Weirdness

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
soupcan

Extras Menu Weirdness

Post by soupcan »

Hello again. :p Sorry for the lengthy post. I imagine this is part bug report, part support request.

Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2
Arch: 64bit
Install method: Manual
Database being used: mysql
If manual install; web server used: IIS

I just upgraded from UGCC 1.791 to 1.81.

In the Extras menu, doing something that reloads the same page (like refreshing the command output or selecting something from the drop-down menu) adds the same text to what was already put there (this can be seen at the screenshot linked below).

However, the more concerning issue is that, with one particular Extras option, the output returned is blank and it never says when it finishes. You can see this in this screenshot.

For reference, this is the script it's running, with the "updateassets" argument. I know it is completing successfully because the cfg file it outputs at the end is updated with the date and time of the attempted update.

When running a full update (using the argument "update"), it outputs all the previous text that should have been outputted at previous update attempts, as seen in this screenshot.

Another (unrelated) issue is one with the FTP server. The FTP server seems to reply to connections with its internal IP address, according to FileZilla:

Code: Select all

Status:	Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.
Trace:	  Reply: 172.31.49.184, peer: <redacted external IP>
This is not new, but I initially decided to roll with it since it worked well for me. However, someone has had difficulty connecting to the server for reasons I think are related to this, so it would be nice to have a way around this (ie. allowing us to enter an IP or hostname instead of automatic detection). The user has no trouble connecting to a FileZilla server set up on the same machine.

If you have any ideas, or I just need to be told off for doing something mind-numbingly stupid, I'd be glad to hear it.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Extras Menu Weirdness

Post by Masher »

Thanks for the bug reports.

Multiple text is fixed.

The private IP address detection code is either not working (don't think this is the case), or the monitor is unable to access our public IP address script to detect the public IP. Can you access http://ip.brainless.us/ip.ashx on the server? Does it give the correct public IP address?

I'm reviewing the extra tool code and found an issue that could be causing the no process output/output after starting another extra.

I'll get a beta update for you soon.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
soupcan

Post by soupcan »

Thanks for the response.

Strangley, I can access the webpage from the server, and it does indeed give the correct IP.
soupcan

Post by soupcan »

Also, I was attempting to recreate the extras in the Server Extras (per server) menu, but upon clicking the "Save" button I receive this error:

Code: Select all

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Select an extra...' at line 1
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Select an extra...' at line 1

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Select an extra...' at line 1]
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +444
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +468
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +136
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +1117
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +2605
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteScalar() +130
   MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(MySqlConnection connection, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +164
   MashToolsSharp.mysqlClass.custom_query(String myquery) +16
   UGCC_Sharp.dbinterface.custom_query(String myquery) +65
   UGCC_Sharp.adminextras.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +570
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +155
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

Edit: Now it seems to have stopped on its own. Weird.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

You didn't select an extra option to save to/edit. I'll update the UI to handle that better. Thanks!
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Here's a beta update that addresses all of these issues. Let me know if things are better or worse. There's no database changes with this update.

http://redirect.brainless.us/ugcc/1.811/Deploy.7z
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Also let me know if you see any errors in the ftp.log after the update when your one user tries to connect to ftp.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
soupcan

Post by soupcan »

The Extras menu works perfectly now. You're the best!

I'll post back when I have the other user attempt to log into the FTP server.
soupcan

Post by soupcan »

The user still cannot connect to the FTP server.

This is the user's FTP log: http://pastebin.com/jtGtpD7g

And the server's FTP log: http://pastebin.com/VaxCdEia

For me, FileZilla still complains about the private address UGCC sends.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Did you set the ftp server port range settings in the ugccmon.cfg (windows\system32)?

Are you forwarding those ports to the server? It looks like the client is not connecting to the pasv ports.

Send me a PM with server private/public IP address and your client private/public IPs.

Thanks,
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Never mind, the client isn't connecting because it's offering up the private IP address. Can you pm me the other user's public IP address as well.

The ftp server is supposed to offer the public IP address if the client is using a public IP address, and a private IP address if the client is using a private IP address.

The panel considers the following IP address as private:
127.x.x.x
10.x.x.x
172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x
169.254.x.x
192.168.x.x
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!