Graceful shutdown for Conan Exiles

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Bmagny

Graceful shutdown for Conan Exiles

Post by Bmagny »

Is there a way to gracefully shutdown Conan Exiles with the panel?

I believe there is no RCON support yet for this game. Not sure if they ever going to add it.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Graceful shutdown for Conan Exiles

Post by Masher »

Until they add RCON support, probably not.

You could try running it with the broker so that you can stop it via the console window.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

Hello Masher,

Funcom has added RCON to Conan Exiles. I am able to enable this in the UGCC, perhaps by editing the template?
If so, can you guide me in the right direction?

There is an article here about RCON in Conan Exiles: https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Rcon
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Cool, unfortuneatly I'll have to add the support for it within the panel. I'll get an update out for it asap.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Added support for Conan RCON in UGCC 2.00. Unfortuneatly there's no RCON commands to save the world and/or exit. Graceful shutdown support will have to wait until that's added.

Also UGCC 2.00 is a major change so be sure to see the upgrade notes/etc. before upgrading as the Web.config will require a manual change if upgrading.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

Hello Masher,

do you know if this is the same case right now, they have not added the shutdown command so it is impossible to gracefully shutdown until they do?

Thanks
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

It doens't look like any additional rcon commands have been added since I last looked.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

You are right.

I just had a talk with Joshtech the creator of the Pippi admin mod. He will be adding a shutdown command to the next release of Pippi. I will post here what it is once I know it.

Is it possible for me or other users to add the functionality of a proper shutdown to the panel or is that something you must do?
Also, things like finding out how many players are online before restarting and other functions, are those only work if RCON is enabled? Do I need to tell the panel what is the RCON command for things like that?

Thanks a lot.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The shutdown code is something I must do.

The player count and server information is from the game server query. You just need to enter your query information on the query tab. No RCON required for that.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

Ok, thank you, Masher,

As soon as I have the correct RCON command to shut it down, I will post it here. I would really appreciate if you could update the Conan Exiles template to use it.

It will work only on servers that use the Pippi MOD. So perhaps a new template called Conan Exiles with Pippi would be the thing to do. A lot of people uses Pippi. Funcom, the creators of Conan Exiles talk about it a lot. It is an admin tool MOD and most private servers use it.

I will post again here once I know.

Thanks
Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

Hello, again Masher,

The rcon command for shutting down the server is:

pshutdown

After the console log says:
[2018.10.08-08.22.14:727][819]Closing by request
[2018.10.08-08.22.21:280][820]LogExit: GameNetDriver SteamNetDriver_0 shut down
[2018.10.08-08.22.24:309][820]LogExit: Preparing to exit.
[2018.10.08-08.22.31:280][820]LogExit: Game engine shut down

The process needs to be killed.
Let me know if you need anything else to test it or anything really. I really like this to be included in the Conan Exiles template.

Thanks
juliandenton

Post by juliandenton »

What I actually wanted to include - I like this to be considered in the Conan Exiles template. What do you think, guys?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

So I have two issues with this. It's not built in and doesn't stop the server.

1. It's not built in
2. It doesn't stop the server so the panel (maybe) doesn't know when it's complete and can be killed. Does the pshutdown command return any output when complete? Does it complete it pretty quickly?

I may add a second game type to support the mod's shutdown feature and graceful shutdown. The default will continue as is.

If you get it all working I'm sure other users would appreciate a template.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!