Servers not starting.

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Hazz

Servers not starting.

Post by Hazz »

Lately, our servers are not starting after being restarted, they don't come back up for up to 3 hours sometimes!

Looked in the logs, looks like the monitoring program is constantly restarting the servers....query is set to default 4.

Any ideas? Can't remember this happening before we had Windows reinstalled on our box....
Hazz

Re: Servers not starting.

Post by Hazz »

Just to add, We were running the version before the latest on our last install which we didn't have any problems on.
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

Further investigation...this only seems to happen when I try and restart a server while others are being restarted.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Send me the logs for for the panel, the monitor, and your event viewer logs. I'll try to make sense of what's going on. My email address is on the contact us page.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

Done. :D
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

What user is the panel running as?
What user is the monitor running as?

I think the issue may be that doing a restart is not allowing the gameserver enough time to close the port before starting the next process. The next process tries to bind to the same port, can't--so increments the port+1. When you see this problem again--can you check the server browser to see what it reports the IP/Port as? This will confirm this is the issue. But, the panel--upon clicking the restart button waits 5 seconds before starting it back up---so maybe you need more time?

Let me know,
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

The box has one user account, which has full admin access.

Funny you mention ports, because before we reinstalled windows we were't running a firewall....now we are!

I find the only way to fix this problem is to leave it for a while, time varies then the servers come up.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Did you do a manual or an EzUGCC install?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

EzUGCC.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Was it installed as a service?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

Yes.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

try disabling your firewall for awhile and see if that's the issue. Which firewall are you using btw?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

Its Windows firewall, i'll try turning it off later.
Hazz

Post by Hazz »

Right I think we are onto something now.

I disabled the firewall, at first it made no difference however once I restarted the web panel service all the servers came back up. Restarting the web panel service did nothing before.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Sometimes with the windows firewall, if you start up a program that tries to open a port--it asks you if you want to allow it--I think that may be the issue here.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!