Zombie Panic Source 3.03

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
jbalog

Zombie Panic Source 3.03

Post by jbalog »

Zombie Panic just had a major update in its move to version 3.0. One of the most significant updates is its move to utilizing the Source 2013 engine as opposed to the 2007 engine. I used to be able to set the profile to Half Life 1 (CS, DOD, HL:DM, etc), however this no longer works. I tried Contagion which is probably the closest option, however that does not work either. Is there a way to get this fixed?
CPT, QuaG
Owner, Zombie Gaming Community
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Zombie Panic Source 3.03

Post by Masher »

Try 'Source'. Make sure the query port value is set correctly.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
jbalog

Post by jbalog »

That unfortunately didn't work. Before the game was updated to the newer source version, this worked just fine. I checked query ports, with no luck. If I run the dedicated server using a batch script, it works just fine. I can get this to work if I run the broker with the UGCCbroker running on the game server. However it is pretty unstable with the game crashing pretty frequently. Thoughts?
CPT, QuaG
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

My first guess would be firewall. If it works under the broker and locally but not when started normally in the panel you may have allowed the program through the firewall, but those rules don't apply when it's started through the panel. Try adding port based rules.

If that still doesn't work, add -condebug to the command line and review the console.log for errors. Compare it to the console.log created when started through the broker.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
jbalog

Post by jbalog »

So the only difference between running with the broker and without the broker appears to be the Steam Library being able to be opened. Here are the two console logs:

CONSOLE LOG (NO BROKER):
Angelscript v2.31.2
Registering Angelscript API
SQLite library version: 3.14.0
MariaDB library version: 10.2.6
[Angelscript] Events registered.
maxplayers set to 22
maxplayers set to 22
WARNING: Port 27005 was unavailable - bound to port 27007 instead
WARNING: Port 27020 was unavailable - bound to port 27022 instead
Network: IP 192.168.48.2, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27017 SV / 27007 CL
* Unable to load Steam support library.*
* This server will operate in LAN mode only.*

Error! Variable "$envmaptint" is multiply defined in material "maps/zpo_harvest/concrete/concretefloor019a_-433_-385_-436"!
"Map Chooser" has been loaded!
"Voting System" has been loaded!
'skill_manifest.cfg' not present; not executing.
Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle.txt'.
[SteamAPI] Failed to initialize SteamAPI!!
Warning in .VMT file ($envmaptint): no ']' or '}' found in vector key "$envmaptint".
Did you forget to surround the vector with "s?
Warning in .VMT file ($envmaptint): no ']' or '}' found in vector key "$envmaptint".
Set motd from file 'cfg/motd.txt'
Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text.txt'
Server is hibernating

CONSOLE LOG (BROKER RUNNING):
Angelscript v2.31.2
Registering Angelscript API
SQLite library version: 3.14.0
MariaDB library version: 10.2.6
[Angelscript] Events registered.
maxplayers set to 22
maxplayers set to 22
WARNING: Port 27005 was unavailable - bound to port 27007 instead
WARNING: Port 27020 was unavailable - bound to port 27022 instead
Network: IP 192.168.48.2, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27017 SV / 27007 CL
[Workshop] Initializing...
ZPAC Initialized
Error! Variable "$envmaptint" is multiply defined in material "maps/zpo_harvest/concrete/concretefloor019a_-433_-385_-436"!
"Map Chooser" has been loaded!
"Voting System" has been loaded!
'skill_manifest.cfg' not present; not executing.
Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle.txt'.
Set motd from file 'cfg/motd.txt'
Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text.txt'
Server is hibernating

With the broker running, the server does load and run just fine. The only issue is that wiht the broker running, the server crashes on a more frequent basis (at least twice a day) as opposed to one of our servers running without the broker (crash would rarely happen). Thoughts?
CPT, QuaG
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I know a while back there were issues if you were running dedicated servers and had the steam client on the host. The game server would use the steam client's libraries (or something to that affect). You could try uninstalling steam to see if that helps.

There's also a registry key that can cause issues. See: http://www.brainless.us/forum/viewtopic ... lete#p4409
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
jbalog

Post by jbalog »

Unfortunately according to the ZPS developers, a Steam client must be run on any dedicated server (it kind of sucks). My understanding is that Steam messed this up when the developers submitted the game for activation. I will try the registry key fix and see if that does the trick.
CPT, QuaG