Built in FTP server issue

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Bmagny

Built in FTP server issue

Post by Bmagny »

Hello,

I have configured the built-in FTP server, it seems to work, but only for users that are admin.
The other users seem to have a file access issue. When they log on via FTP they do not get the root of the FTP file system. They get nothing.
I cannot figure out what file access I need to give if any on the file system.

My current setup is on a Windows 10 Machine. The UGCC-WWW service is running under the local system account.

Please help.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Built in FTP server issue

Post by Masher »

Make sure the server setting "Enable file access" is set on the individual servers on the File Tool tab?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

Masher wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:20 pm Make sure the server setting "Enable file access" is set on the individual servers on the File Tool tab?
Yes, that is done on the server, in this case, I only have one and it is enabled. Do you think it could be because of an upgrade? This panel was upgraded to 2.00. Could that have an impact? Before the upgrade, it was not enabled, so I do not know if it worked before the upgrade.

Do you not think it is a file access issue? I find it odd that a user with admin rights can see the correct FTP directories but a normal user cannot see any.

Thanks
Bmagny

Post by Bmagny »

Ok, I fixed it.

It was because only the server owner had access until I enabled "File Tool" in the group permissions.
The users that did not work where not the "Owner" of the server, just sub accounts.

Took me a while to find that.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Ok, you hadn't mentioned they were group users; otherwise I would have mentioned that. Glad you got it sorted out though.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!