Adding support to new Rust RCON Protocol

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Geferon

Adding support to new Rust RCON Protocol

Post by Geferon »

Since a recent Rust update, there has been a new command added which is +rcon.web, if it's set to 1 it uses the new RCON protocol which is based on websockets, and if it's on 0, it's going to use the old Source RCON (tho as you try to use this one with the new update on the panel, for some reason the server can't read the RCON packets).

So, I have been researching a bit and I think I have found a couple of things which might help with this implementation, as perhaps how this new protocol works, etc:
https://rust.facepunch.com/f/rust/echn/ ... problem/1/
https://github.com/acupofspirt/rust-exp ... al-webrcon

I'd appreciate if support for this new protocol was added.

Tho, as said above, the old RCON method doesn't even work, as when you try to use it, the Rust server spits out the following:
[RCON][XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX] Disconnected: invalid packet
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Adding support to new Rust RCON Protocol

Post by Masher »

So the websocket rcon isn't working with rust in 2.00? Will look into it.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

So I just updated my rust server on my dev machine and RCON does appear to be working for me.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Geferon

Post by Geferon »

Strange it didn't work for me
For the web RCON it has to have +rcon.web 1 tho... let me try again, maybe I did something wrong

EDIT:
Okay, Web RCON does work, the one that doesn't is the source RCON but, that one is deprecated so... my bad, I thought it wasn't supported. :?