Rust Server Process Freezes

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
PAL-18

Rust Server Process Freezes

Post by PAL-18 »

Been having a very strange problem with a rust server. The process randomly freezes, UGCC starts a new process (running on a different port) since the first process can't be killed ("access denied" message) and the only way to fix it is to reboot the OS.

Are there any special settings that need to be enabled for Rust servers?

P.S. UGCC is version 2.00
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Rust Server Process Freezes

Post by Masher »

Are your panel and monitor running as the same user. You should be able to see which account is being used in the service manager for the monitor and the panel will display this Settings-->About.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

Both are setup using default settings. The panel also runs 5 srcds servers on the same box and none of them have ever had this problem. It's just Rust suffering from it.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Can you send me a copy of your ugccmon.log and ugccweb.log?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

I sent them to you via pm on this forum.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Thank you, I think this may be related to the graceful shutdown system. I need to do some further testing but will let you know what I find out.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I wasn't able to reproduce this, but I think I may know what's going on.

With 2.12 I've
-Added a 2 second pause between stopping and starting a server. This should give the server a little more time to close resources (ports, logs, etc)
-If restarting the server due to non responsive queries the monitor will no longer try to gracefully shutdown the server

EzUGCC: http://redirect.brainless.us/ugcc/2.12/EzUGCC2.exe
Manual: http://redirect.brainless.us/ugcc/2.12/Deploy.7z
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!