Conan Exiles shutdown problem

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
yaminah

Conan Exiles shutdown problem

Post by yaminah »

Hi. first time post here so please be nice :)

We've used UGCC to manage our conan server since 2018, and until about a month ago it would close down the server and it's processes just fine. Now it seems like the shutdown command (stop button) doesn't close all of it, leading to hanging processes which then result in the DB not closing down and therefore the server will get stuck when it is restarted.

You also cant seem to kill the processes either, meaning the system has to be powered off, and the database backup used to get it to boot again. I then tried ticking the kill server child processes box but again that doesn't seem to work. We've also not changed config which was working fine. Software is windows 10 1909 on a 7700K with 32gb memory and M.2 Drive.

If I use the command line or official server launcher I can shut it down and restart it to my hearts content.

We love the convenience of the UGCC software, but until this problem is solved then we're going to not have to use it

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Y.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Conan Exiles shutdown problem

Post by Masher »

I'll set up exiles on my dev box and see if I'm able to replicate it.

In the mean time, how did you install the panel (EzUGCC/Manual)? What are your executable tab settings?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
yaminah

Post by yaminah »

Masher wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 pm I'll set up exiles on my dev box and see if I'm able to replicate it.

In the mean time, how did you install the panel (EzUGCC/Manual)? What are your executable tab settings?
Hi thanks :) I've attached the screen. I've tried it with both hard codes paths and using %Root% but both have the same result, as does the process being set to normal and above normal.

Thanks again.
Attachments
UGCCsetup.jpg
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'm unable to reproduce this on my Dev box. Is windows up to date? Anything in the panel's logs?

Kill child process shouldn't be necessary.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
yaminah

Post by yaminah »

Masher wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:47 pm I'm unable to reproduce this on my Dev box. Is windows up to date? Anything in the panel's logs?

Kill child process shouldn't be necessary.
Hi. it happens on both systems i've tried it on. One is running fully up to date windows 10 1909, the other up to date non windows 1909

What seems to happen is because the process isnt shut down, on restart it hangs rolling forward the transactions from the shut down.

Might it be something to do with time it takes to boot up(26 mins) , or the database size (405mb)? could that cause an issue?

Which logs should I be looking at? The ones from the game say

[2019.12.17-16.36.55:565][ 0]LogLoad: Game class is 'BaseGameMode_C'
[2019.12.17-16.36.55:573][ 0]LogInit: WinSock: Socket queue 131072 / 131072
[2019.12.17-16.36.55:590][ 0]GlobalServerChannel:Display: Loading ServerSettings File: ../../../ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/ServerSettings.ini

A successful boot will then go on to

[2019.12.17-14.31.23:279][ 0]GlobalServerChannel:Display: Loading ServerSettings File: ../../../ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/ServerSettings.ini
[2019.12.17-14.31.23:286][ 0]GlobalServerChannel:Display: Loading ServerSettings File: ../../../ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/ServerSettings.ini
[2019.12.17-14.31.23:301][ 0]ConanSandbox:Display: AServerBlacklist::LoadSettings(): Blacklist contains 1 unique entries

etc

Anything you want us to test or look for

Thanks again
yaminah

Post by yaminah »

Update, seems it might be server boot time related, I tried it with a default db (takes about 35s) and it was fine.. as soon as I use a copy of our live one (390mb) the process task kill fails and it crashes on the next boot.. Happy to supply the DB if it would help
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

When it's stopped with the panel, do any messages show up in windows event viewer? Any errors in the panel's logs files when trying to stop it?

Do you have a license and are you using the monitor? If you have query monitoring enabled, what is the start time value set to for this server?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!