Squad Server Failing To Respond to Query

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Treatybreaker

Squad Server Failing To Respond to Query

Post by Treatybreaker »

As the subject says, the Query function is not working for me currently for a Squad server; furthermore, RCON is not able to reach the server either and responds with the following: Error connecting to host: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
That screams a port issue, but I don't know what port I may have missed.

Relevant Panel Information
Panel Version: 2.14
Installation Method: EzUGCC
Database: sqlite

Port Information (This is set within the panel)
Game Port: 7787
Query Port: 27165
RCON Port: 21114

These are explicitly set to open on Windows Firewall both outbound and inbound

Squad Executable Args
start SquadGameServer.exe -log -fullcrashdump Port=7787 QueryPort=27165 FIXEDMAXPLAYERS=80 RANDOM=NONE
Battlemetrics can poll the Squad Server via 21114.

The monitor service is running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Squad Server Failing To Respond to Query

Post by Masher »

What query address are you using for the server? If you're using 127.0.0.1 and/or localhost, try changing it to the actual IP address.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Treatybreaker

Post by Treatybreaker »

Sorry, should have mentioned the IP.

It currently points to the full server ip, not local/internal IPs and those did not result in a successful query either.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Are external users able to connect to the server? If not is the server binding to the correct ports? TCPView can help you verify that https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... ds/tcpview

Are you using the windows firewall? If so are you using port based rules?

Are you behind a NAT firewall/router? If so use the internal IP of the server for the panel's query IP.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Treatybreaker

Post by Treatybreaker »

You're a hero! Well then... that kinda makes me feel a tad moronic as the solution you provided was in previous posts on this very forum...

I was behind a NAT router/firewall as ipconfig didn't match externally. It seems previously I targeted a VM adapter when setting my internal IPs and loopback etc. to try to hit a query and missed the eth1 adapter. I apologize for effectively introducing a duplicate into the forum, but I did get it working at least.

Thanks a million Masher!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

No worries, happens to the best of us. Glad it's working now!
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!