How do you sucesffuly set up server query?

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
DirtyDave

How do you sucesffuly set up server query?

Post by DirtyDave »

Hey masher, I've had your web panel for quite some time but never set up any server queries bc I was confused on how to. It's a little vague and I was wondering if you could lay out detailed instructions on how to. I'm only running source games and am on windows server 2008.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: How do you sucesffuly set up server query?

Post by Masher »

Go to the servers configuration and
Set the server type to the game engine you are using (ie. Source)
Then in the 'Monitoring and Maintenance' section of the server's config, enter the servers ip address in the 'Game Server Query Address' textbox and port in the 'Gameserver Query Port' (and 2nd port if a teamspeak server).

Now the the query link option should show up in the manage section of the server and give you live status of the server. If you get something other than the server info you may have to tweak the address, try using the machine's name.

If you still are having trouble let me know what settings you are using.

Thanks!
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Krazyone

Post by Krazyone »

Will you be expanding the query tool anytime soon? Like getting players online and frag counts and score etc?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

It already shows the players online. I'll see what I can do about showing scores.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!