Remote Monitor Not Responding

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
CRCRochester

Remote Monitor Not Responding

Post by CRCRochester »

I am having issues with getting remote monitor to work on a secondary system. When I test the connection in server definitions I get the error "Unable to connect. Connection timed out waiting for a response from the remote monitor."

My log is the following:

Code: Select all

03/15/2021 11:15:11	Unable to connect to database, will sleep for 30 seconds and try again.  Error follows: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
03/15/2021 11:15:54	UGCCMon Started (2.443) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=60000ms | OS:  Win | Config file:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
03/15/2021 11:15:55	Unable to connect to database, will sleep for 30 seconds and try again.  Error follows: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
03/15/2021 11:16:57	Remote mode enabled.  My ID=5, Port=3432, Ignore hash=False, Ignore time stamp=False
03/15/2021 11:16:57	Starting high resolution timer
03/15/2021 11:16:57	Starting FTP Server on port 21.  Using PASV data ports: 2000-65535
03/15/2021 11:16:58	Checking for Payment Reminders
03/15/2021 11:16:58	Starting process crash/query monitoring thread, firstbootpause: 10
03/15/2021 11:16:58	Payment reminders have already been processed today, skipping.
03/15/2021 11:16:58	No servers have resource monitoring enabled, shutting down resource monitoring thread.
03/15/2021 11:16:58	FTP:  SSL certificate not found, encrypted FTP will be unavailable.
03/15/2021 11:16:58	-+-+-| Monitor Initialized |-+-+-
My UGCCMon.cfg files for the monitor is:

Code: Select all

//!!!!This config file is ONLY read from c:\windows\system32 on windows and the same folder as executable on Linux.
//Windows users--only use notepad/wordpad on 64 bit Operating systems to edit this file!!!
//PLEASE NOTE:  The // is not a real comment, the line immediately following the [setting] is used regardless
//whether it's prefixed with // or not

//Database Engine type to use--valid options are mysql or sqlite
//sqlite uses a db3 file, while mysql uses MySQL
//Use the same database the panel uses
[DBEngine]
mysql

//Database configuration string
//Make sure this points to the same DB the panel uses!!!!!!
//Example for MySQL:
//Database=ugcc;Data Source=localhost;Port=3306;User Id=root;Password=pw;sslmode=Preferred
//Example for sqlite
//Data Source=c:\program files\ugcc\ugcc.db3
[DBConfig]
Database=ugcc;Data Source=192.168.1.200;Port=3306;User Id=<redacted>;Password=<redacted>;sslmode=Preferred

//Where to save log file
[LogConfig]
c:\Program Files\UGCCMon

//Where to find the license file
[License]
C:\Program Files\UGCC

//How often to check that the servers are running
//You can use .25 for 15 second interval, .5 for 30 second interval, specify whole minutes otherwise
[ServerCheck]

//How long to pause between starting servers when the monitor starts (i.e. during reboot)
//Enter a whole value in seconds
[FirstBootPause]

//Enable integrated FTP Server? (True/False)
[FTP]
True

//Listen port for FTP Server.
//Default port is 21
[FTPPort]

//SSL certificate (.pfx or .p12) to use with secure FTP
//Specify only the file name, monitor will look in LogConfig path for the certificate
[FtpSSLCert]
ftp.pfx

//Mininum port number for integrated ftp server to use for passive mode data channel
[FTPDataMinPort]

//Maxinum port number for integrated ftp server to use for passive mode data channel
[FTPDataMaxPort]

//Enable HiResTimer?  aka fps boosting
//Only works on windows
[HiResTimer]
True

//Email Payment reminders?
//This only needs to be enabled for one monitor on the system
[PayReminders]
True

//Send a copy of emails to bcc address?
//This setting will send a blind carbon copy of all restart notifications emails sent by the monitor.
[BccEmails]
False

//Enable remote/slave mode?  This is requried if web portion of UGCC doesn't run on this computer.
//If set to False the rest of the settings below don't matter
[Remote]
True

//Port to listen on
[Port]

//Shared Secret
[Secret]
<redacted>

//This is the ID number associated with this computer's server definition within UGCC
//Very important that this is set correctly if Remote mode is enabled
[ID]

//Disable hash checks on remote commands (Not recommended)
//Monitor will not verify the authenticity of the commands it receivers from master server
[ignorehash]
false

//Disable time checks on remote commands
//Monitor will not verify timestamp on received commands are <> 1 minute
//You may want to set this if getting replay warning messages in the logs and panel is not able to connect to monitor
//Although it would be better to make sure timezones, and clocks are accurate and being synced against a time source
[ignoretimestamp]
false

Any help would be appreciated as I have run out of ideas as to why this is timing out.
CRCRochester

Re: Remote Monitor Not Responding

Post by CRCRochester »

I also ran ugccmonsvc.exe when trying to test the connection and the only thing that it lists is an invalid time stamp error (replay attack). Is this what could be causing my issues?
CRCRochester

Post by CRCRochester »

The time sync was the issue. It is fixed now.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Glad you got it figured out. Odd that it wasn't logging that in the log, may be a firewall issue, and then when you ran it manually it created the firewall rule and then you got the time sync issue? Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!