Ubuntu 20.04 Remote Server - Game Install Error

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Hellion

Ubuntu 20.04 Remote Server - Game Install Error

Post by Hellion »

Getting the following error when installing any game on the remote server.

Job 0 submitted to update utility cache, waiting for jobs to process before proceeding
Error creating file cache location on target sdef, giving up. Use SteamCMD is True but no Steam ID has been set.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 Remote Server - Game Install Error

Post by Masher »

As the error states, whatever installer template you're using has the use steamcmd checkbox selected, but you haven't specified the steam application ID.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Hellion

Post by Hellion »

None of the template files have a SteamID. They do reference %SteamID% which I would assume is listed in the GameTypes. All of which are populated with the correct SteamIDs, yet I still get this error.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Sorry, I meant game type settings. The game type the installer targets needs to have the steam id added.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Hellion

Post by Hellion »

I figured it out, the Cache folder section for some reason had a "/" in it. Removing that, resolved it.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

If you're using steamcmd, you can leave the cache location blank, the panel will manage the cache location if using steamcmd.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!