Having a bit of trouble installing this under Linux

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
kaisersouse

Having a bit of trouble installing this under Linux

Post by kaisersouse »

CentOS 4.5
Apache 2.0.52
Latest MONO 1.2.6

I can't find a mod_mono Apache module that will install without whining:
httpd >= 2.2 is needed by mod_mono-1.2.1-1.fc7.i386

The older versions complain that mono and XSU are needed...even though I've already installed mono.

Can I assume that I NEED to upgrade Apache to 2.2+ in order to use this? If it matters, Ill be using MySQL as a backend.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Having a bit of trouble installing this under Linux

Post by Masher »

According to http://www.mono-project.com/Mod_mono it should work with Apache 2.0.

That message your getting 'mod_mono-1.2.1' makes me wonder if you are infact using the latest version. Maybe it's using an rpm that came with CentOS instead of the latest version?

Also, if you're not using apache for anything else on the machine, I'd use XSP.....alot simpler.

Let me know.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
kaisersouse

Post by kaisersouse »

Yeah whats odd is I installed mono according to mono's site. Supposedly it installed BUT everything complains about needing mono haha.

I'm using Apache for 4 websites and whatnot so I'm going to have to stay with Apache. I guess what I really need to know is...can I pull this off with Apache 2.0.52 or do I need to go 2.2? I tried to upgrade but gave up after 20 minutes and the 1000th "this needs that and that needs this" dependency whine. The box is in a data center so I can't put my hands on it physically. I'm currently using Webmin to find the RPMs and install them.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

According to the link I sent you earlier, it should work fine.
Apache 1.3/2.0/2.2
Did you use the linux installer? ftp://www.go-mono.com/archive/1.2.6/lin ... taller.bin <--I've always had good luck with it. Maybe try building mono from source if the installer doesn't work.....http://www.mono-project.com/Compiling_Mono
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
kaisersouse

Post by kaisersouse »

Yeah I used the linux installer. The only thing it complained about at the end was something relating to the lack of GUI.

I'll try it again tonite. Thanks for all your help :)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The gui stuff won't matter with the panel
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!