optional setting of a rcon command to terminate a server

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
DopeEx

optional setting of a rcon command to terminate a server

Post by DopeEx » Sun May 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Hello, I am a new customer of this wonderful piece of software.

I wish you could optionally specify a rcon command for stopping a server, which will be executed when you click the stop button.
As far as I have noticed, the server specific commands are stored in the profiles, which unfortunately doesn't help if you run a server that isn't present in the profiles. The desired option would make it a lot easier to terminate unsupported servers.
In my case it is currently about Avorion that I must always stop via rcon command, because pressing the stop button always stops the server hard.

EDIT: I have to stop the server via rcon to stop the server correctly, the stop button would just kill the server as far as I can see.

DopeEx

Re: optional setting of a rcon command to terminate a server

Post by DopeEx » Fri May 24, 2019 2:37 am

Wow a really very active forum here. I don't expect anything to be implemented here immediately or at all, but because there are no 20 new posts per hour created here, I think an answer to a paying customer would be quite nice.

Masher
Site Admin

Re: optional setting of a rcon command to terminate a server

Post by Masher » Fri May 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Yes, I'm sorry, I meant to reply to your post and got side tracked. It's a great idea. I need to look at how easily I could implement it.

It'll be much easier for me to create a profile, and if it's rcon commands are identical to an already supported game it should work fine, but I'll do further research and add it as an option.

Thank you for your business, it is truly appreciated.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company and if you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

Need an affordable web control panel? Try UGCC.