Server password checker

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
KingHarper

Server password checker

Post by KingHarper »

Hi,
Is there any plans to implement a server password checker (if you set a option to "passworded server" instead of "public server").
So that it would check if someone took off the password of their private server without permission and either turn off server or put the password back on?

Ps. Will the branding be made (saw the other topic that you said you might if theres demand)

Thanks,
KingHarper
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Server password checker

Post by Masher »

I'm going to be keeping game specific features out of the panel. If you'd like something to perform these I could code something up for you....would cost extra though.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Spartanfrog

Post by Spartanfrog »

How much extra :D?
1+3+3=7
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I haven't decided yet. What would you consider a fair price for this functionality?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Spartanfrog

Post by Spartanfrog »

I have absolutely no clue how long it would take. How long would you think it would take?
1+3+3=7
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Well it would be a somewhat complex program....

Query server for password and hostname
if hostname or password aren't what's expected
Parse cfg file for rcon password
rcon to server, change password/hostname
If unable to rcon--kill server and send email

I'd have to implement the rcon protocol, everything else is doable or already done. Considering only gsps would need this functionality--I'd be inclined to charge more for it. How does a $100 one time fee sound?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Spartanfrog

Post by Spartanfrog »

If you are making the rcon protocal to send the command, you also might as well make it so you can send rcon commands from the control panel.

$100 is really reasonable. Considering the fact you have to make the program, which sounds complicated, web programmers get paid quite a bit. Then again, it would not be really custom so that lowers the price. Anything in the 100-200 range is great but I of course wouldnt complain if it was only 100 :P.
1+3+3=7
KingHarper

Post by KingHarper »

$100 sounds good,
And this would work in all my licenses (as i plan to buy quite a few licenses)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'll start working on this in the next few weeks.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Spartanfrog

Post by Spartanfrog »

Sounds great!
1+3+3=7