UT4 Support (pre-alpha)

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Kinsman

UT4 Support (pre-alpha)

Post by Kinsman »

While i realise its only pre-alpha, it would be great to be able to add monitoring to check for crashes etc.

Our server is 125.63.48.150:7777, query port 7787

I'm also attaching a query script someone wrote in case it helps.
Attachments
UT4ServerQuery011.zip
(25.38 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
Kinsman

Re: UT4 Support (pre-alpha)

Post by Kinsman »

Does downloaded twice mean masher has accepted this challenge and is hard at work? :-)

or just on holidays somewheres?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yeah, been digging in to it, forgot to reply. :D
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Awesome, love your work.
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Forgot to add that I'm happy to be the guinea pig and test anything you come up with. 8)
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Any news? I could possibly ask the devs for more info.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Still working on it, haven't had much time to work on it as of late.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

No worries, I spoke to the devs anyhow, and the code is internal only at the moment, I presume because it will change alot being pre-alpha.

I also assume their new HUB System will pretty much destroy any chance of server monitoring, as no servers actually run until someone starts one.
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Actually we are running a HUB now, vs old school servers. I wonder if there is a way to at least query the hub, so it can be restarted if it crashes?

Port Range Description
This is the port that the game will communicate with clients on. It can be overridden using the "-port=xxxx" command line switch.
This is the sever query port. When clients are looking to connect to your server, they will use this port to communicate with it. You can change this port in the Engine.ini file.
Hubs Only -- This is the instance communication port. Instances will talk back to their hub using this port.
8000-8xxx
Hubs Only -- Each instance will utilize one of these ports starting with 8000 to communicate on. You can strictly control which of these ports needs to be opened via configuration options. See "Setting up a Hub" further down on this page.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'm kinda reluctant to support this in its current state. Epic needs to add a proper protocol for querying servers.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

Sure, I don't blame you, in fact I really don't see anyway that querying Hubs is going to work.