Tag Parsing

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Codybohnhead

Tag Parsing

Post by Codybohnhead »

Any chance of getting the ability to have certain tags such as {serverip} parsed at the time of saving(update/create)? I was thinking about it and it would be useful in the case of the configuration area and the html areas. It wouldn't need to be parsed every page load, only upon the time of saving. Then the linked documents would need to be parsed..

This may be ridiculous but I think it would be quite useful and a good feature to have available.
Codybohnhead

Re: Tag Parsing

Post by Codybohnhead »

I was just thinking about the tokens and how they could be separated from the rest of the content that surrounds them. I'm not much of a programmer, maybe something like {#tolken}.

Tokens could include:

Server Query IP
Server Query Port
Server Root Path
Friendly Name
FTP IP
FTP Port
FTP Username
FTP Password

Each token would be available for use in any text area. The token would be parsed with the information for the server that the content area is linked to.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Where exactly are you wanting to use these?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Codybohnhead

Post by Codybohnhead »

It would be nice to be able to use them in the html areas and in the config/extra areas. To make it more dynamic and quicker.