Interact with desktop option (creating server)

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
knaapt

Interact with desktop option (creating server)

Post by knaapt »

Hi,

This is really a nice feature, TCAdmin has it too and it's needed for some games cause otherwise it changes the gameplay!!
Also I want to ask if it is possible to get the panel making new installs.
sorry for my bad bad english

knaapt
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Interact with desktop option (creating server)

Post by Masher »

What games in particular do you need this feature for?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
knaapt

Post by knaapt »

Unreal Tournament 99 and his mods
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

My experience with ut is primarily related to 2k3/2k4, but how does the game play differ if it can not interact with the desktop?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
knaapt

Post by knaapt »

Well... if I start the server with cmd the gameplay is much better, plays smoother and I tested it with some other people, they say the same! Also you can hit some more!
Last edited by knaapt on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

That is certainly interesting.

Are you using EzUGCC or did you set it up by hand? If you did it by hand--what www server did you use and what user is the panel running as?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
knaapt

Post by knaapt »

I'm using EzUGCC.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Did you install as a service or are you starting it manually with the batch file?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
knaapt

Post by knaapt »

I installed it as service... that's the problem if I start the UT server in windows with batch or with cmd (ucc server) the gameplay is good but if I start it with UGCC the gameplay is crappy! :(
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Doh, please ignore me....should've known it was installed as a service.... :D

Find the UGCC-Apache (or UGCC-www) service in the services mmc and open up the properties for it. Tick the interact with desktop checkbox and then try and see if it helps. If you aren't logged onto the console, you may not see it.

If that doesn't improve the performance..try this.
Start the server in the panel
End task the server in task manager
Let the monitor restart the game server
Check performance--is it better?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
knaapt

Post by knaapt »

I don't think so, but is it really not possible to start the server with the panel like TCAdmin?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

knaapt wrote:I don't think so, but is it really not possible to start the server with the panel like TCAdmin?
I monitor and start/stop the game servers in a different way then TCAdmin....but as far as the servers are concerned it doesn't matter.
masher wrote:Find the UGCC-www service in the services mmc and open up the properties for it. Tick the interact with desktop checkbox and then try and see if it helps. If you aren't logged onto the console, you may not see it.
I just tested this in a similar configuration as you, and it started and showed on the desktop just fine. Just make sure that if you are running server 2003 you are on the console or else you won't see it on the desktop you are logged on to.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
knaapt

Post by knaapt »

right, i'm sorry, and how do I logon as console?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

If you are remoting in (RDP/remote desktop) you need to start the rdp client with one of the following switches (which switch depends on the client version you have installed).

Start-->Run
mstsc /console
or
mstsc /admin

Let me know.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
knaapt

Post by knaapt »

I don't understand, I get Remote Desktop Connection?!